2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 12:42 PM by chome4

Responsive Menu Issues

chome4

Hello,

I'm using a friend's laptop with Dreamweaver CC and have been given the task of making a site.

I'm currently working on the menu and have pasted a responsive menu into the code:

http://gmjones.org/dw/index.html

On the computer, when I shrink the browser using ctrl+shif+m in Firefox, it shrinks and the sliding down of the menu. All OK so far.

When I added extra items to the menu, making it much wider, it still looked OK when minimised but when I returned to normal desktop mode, some of the menu contents were pushed down outside of the navbar. I saw that the 'ul' class was 'clearfix', so I temporarily added an inline style="width:100%" in the HTML file so the entire width of the 'gridContainer' could be used. This didn't solve the problem of the full-screen version 'remembering' its new navbar width.

The menu was taken from honkiat.com.

In choosing 'Responsive Grid' design, boilerplate.css comes into play. I have had to comment out a couple of lines in this css as they changed the font colour of the menu items. That's where I started getting frustrated as my coding/development skills are very limited.

I've attached a link to the files.

http://gmjones.org/dw/dw.zip

Can someone take a look to see where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Responsive Menu Issues
          Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make these changes to your menu CSS code.

nav {

width: 100%;

background: #455868;

font-size: 14px;

font-family: 'PT Sans', Arial, sans-serif;

font-weight: bold;

border-bottom: 2px solid #283744;

}

Nancy O.

• 2. Re: Responsive Menu Issues
            chome4 Level 1

Looks perfect! Thank you. On the desktop, it returns showing the navbar contents on two levels, a screen refresh puts everything back in their place, but as no one's going to view a site in smartphone mode then desktop mode outside of developement, this is perfect.

Thanks again.