2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2006 9:18 AM by lescall

Problem with Flex in IE with PHP and XML

lescall
      Hope someone can help me. I am currently working with the release version of Flex Builder to come up to speed with developing Flex applications.

I have created a very basic flex application that makes a mx:HTTPService call to a CFM file on my web server that dynamically creates an XML structure based on the results of the query: this works as expected in both Internet Explorer and FireFox

I did the same thing with a PHP file and used mx:HTTPService to call this file and it works in FireFox but does not in Internet Explorer.

I then took the XML produced by the PHP file and placed it in it’s own XML file and called it and both IE and FireFox worked.

The error I get in IE from the dynamically generated XML from the PHP call is long and cryptic but. Here is the error message (I removed the URL location for this post):

[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: "]. URL "]
      at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler()
      at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()
      at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()
      at ::DirectHTTPMessageResponder/errorHandler()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at flash.net::URLLoader/flash.net:URLLoader::redirectEvent()

This is the error message when running in IE.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this. It would be helpful to be able to create the XML in PHP for my project and something is tripping it up.

Thanks for the help in advance