5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2014 1:26 AM by station_two

Import Scanner WIA still not fixed

Lucky Pierre

Frustrating to see after updating the latest PS CC 2014 that Adobe still haven't fixed the issue of PS crashing when trying to carry out the "Import/WIA Support" option. This has persisted since beginning of July. It works fine with PS CC but not with PS CC 2014. When trying to import from the scanner, PS crashes when trying to select any option on the WIA Support dialogue box. This is a known issue with Adobe but still no solution.

• 1. Re: Import Scanner WIA still not fixed
          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I can't get WIA (Windows 7x64) to work, but I've had great luck with Vuescan. I find it more robust than the WIA and it works with all versions of Photoshop either as a standalone or via it's own 32 and 64 Twain drivers.

You can give it a spin at www.hamrick.com

• 2. Re: Import Scanner WIA still not fixed
            Lucky Pierre Level 1

The PS scanner option works fine in PS CC but not CC 2014, so will wait for the fix. As for Vuescan, I have read too many reviews that describe the software author as unwilling to provide any support whatsoever. I will keep using PS CC to import scans at the moment.

• 3. Re: Import Scanner WIA still not fixed
              gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I've been using Vuescan for 2 years without major issues, (and no further upgrade fees) but the author does provide email support and I have worked with him on getting Vuescan to fix issues with getting the installer to work on updating the Vuescan Twain plugin for CC2014. Yes, Vuescan had issues when CC2014 came out, but Ed Hamrick did honestly work with me on fixing it. He constantly updates Vuescan more than most software I have purchased.

I am just a satisfied customer and have no qualms recommending his product.

However if you are fine waiting for a fix from Adobe,that's good also.

• 4. Re: Import Scanner WIA still not fixed
                D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I've heard great things about Vuescan, so it may well be better, but - why don't you just use the scanner software as a standalone application? My Epson software saves the scan to disk in the resolution, bit depth and color space I choose.

• 5. Re: Import Scanner WIA still not fixed
                  Level 5

Lucky Pierre wrote:

…As for Vuescan, I have read too many reviews that describe the software author as unwilling to provide any support whatsoever…

That is absolute B.S. I don't care who told you that.