Exit

Very Needed -MsWord Imp

Participant ,
Apr 20, 2007 Apr 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.
I'm using Mx 7 with oracle 10g.
I need to upload a ms word file to a location then read that file and output the content to a <cfmail ..body part in html format...Any guidance will be appreciated...Thanks.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 22, 2007 Apr 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might look into the Apache Jakarta POI project for a Java component for reading Word.
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hwpf/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 23, 2007 Apr 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emmim44,
this sounds like the trickiest problem you've had yet. Since MS word files are not written in plain text or HTML, you'll need some tool to convert the file into HTML or text for your email. I know you've used Jakarta POI for excel, so you might want to take Bob Dobb's advice and check out the MS word interface (though I've never used it). It looks like its still in development, so I don't know how robust its going to be. You also might be able to use COM to leverage the MS Word program's Save As functionality (if it's installed on your server) and see if you can save the file as HTML. Otherwise, can you just attach the word file, or does it have to be actual content for the email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2007 Apr 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am working on that ...Thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation