2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2014 8:31 AM by jcldkcmo

Is cc particle world no longer supported in version 13x?

jcldkcmo

I did an upgrade last night and tried to open projects that were using version 12 and was told that the cc particle world effect couldn't be found. If I try to use it on a new project it says that cc particle world is only for version 12x. Is this true? Is this effect no longer supported?

• 1. Re: Is cc particle world no longer supported in version 13x?
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The CC Particle World effect is included with After Effects CC 2014 (13.0). I just tried it, and it worked fine for me. Please give more details, including operating system and exactly how you are applying the effect.

Is it possible that you copied the plug-in file from your After Effects CC (12.x) folder to the After Effects CC 2014 (13.0) folder?

• 2. Re: Is cc particle world no longer supported in version 13x?
            jcldkcmo Level 1

Thank you for your reply. All I did was install the new version of After Effects from the Creative Cloud Application. Perhaps it was just a bad install somehow. Once my current project is done I will try to install again. I am using Windows 8.1 64bit. I am not sure what you mean by how I am applying the effect. It is applied to a solid layer. It seems like what you are saying is true that somehow 13.0 was still trying to use the effect from the 12.X application. I didn't copy anything over, I just installed the 13.0 update. Thank you for your help.