24 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2014 5:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400

ChiMickeyD

Windows 7  Splash screen (error 400) .    Once past this point, loading project gets to 100%, only get a blank grey screen.    No video clips or video time line shows from existing saved project.   Second error message 150:30 (shown below).   What is the remedy??   Thanks.

• 1. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ChiMickeyD

This has the ring of a Licensing issue.

Determine if the Licensing Repair Tool for Windows will resolve the problem for you.

Adobe - Licensing End User License Agreement

Also, check Computer/Manage/Services and Applications/Services and assure the FLEXnet Licensing is listed as "started". If not, start it.

Please review and consider and then let us know the results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
            ChiMickeyD Level 1

Hi ATR,  I followed your reco and downloaded the lic agreement for Windows.   Still no change.   You indicated to go to computer/manage/services for the Flexnet licensing to make sure it started.   How do I find that path to computer/manage/services?   Tried through control panel and no luck.

• 3. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ChiMickeyD

Thanks for the update.

Click on the Windows 7 64 bit Start button. In the right column of the pop up that appears, right click Computer in the list of choices in that column.

After you do that, a pop up will appear which includes the choice of Manage which you click on to get to  Computer Management Dialog.

In the Computer Management Dialog, double click Services and Applications to get to Services.

Double click Services to get to the list of Services which includes the FLEXnet Licensing which you make sure is listed as started. If not started, then please start it.

We will be looking forward to further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                ChiMickeyD Level 1

Hi ATR,  followed your suggested path and was able to start FLEXnet (from disable to automatic).

License error code  130:50 now gone, code 400 still exists but I don't think it is a big deal as it is at the splash screen.   However, no change when I open an existing project.   Screen comes up blank (all grey).  Screenshot below.

All the selections on the header like File, Edit Clip etc  shown in the above are also greyed out in their drop downs.

Thank you.   Look forward to next steps.

• 5. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ChiMickeyD

Thanks for the update.

If you open a new project, can you work with the new project?

Let us go through the check list specific to Premiere Elements 8.

a. Are you working from the 8.0.1 Update of the program? See Help Menu/Update for Updating.

Or use the following for 8.0.1 Update. Premiere Elements 8 can be closed if you use it.

b. Are the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features turned off.

Background Rendering, see Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/General; AutoAnalzyer, see Elements Organizer workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer Options and disable everything there.

Also, do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 8? Are you working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and have you applied Run As Administrator to the program's desktop icon? Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card (or manufacturer of the computer)?

Consider deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 8.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                    ChiMickeyD Level 1

ATR,

From the splash screen I see:

I believe I am not upgraded to 8.0.1.  When clicking manual update link (red arrow),  I get :

When I open to either new or open project:  the Help drop downs are grey out (including updates).   So that option for update is greyed out as a result and blocked from me accessing.   Access to the step are not visible from my side.  I think the auto analyzer was on when Iast used it.  I cannot see that now.

Quick Time:  version 7.7.5  .    

UAC Prem icon  has admin priv and run as administrator already.

Tried following Local disc C-->User-->owner (MDAL), then I don't get the AppData (for roaming).

I seem impeded from getting to the steps you outlined or suggested.

• 7. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

ChiMickey

Thanks for the reply with details.

1. About the 8.0.1 Update. For reasons unknown only to Adobe, it set that up so after the update there was no 8.0.1 that appeared anywhere (including Help Menu/Adobe Premiere Elements). One of the actions of the 8.0.1 Update was to disable the automatic background rendering option in Edit Menu/Preferences/General. So, if you see background rendering disabled in preferences, you "probably" have the 8.0.1 Update installed unless you remember turning off that option yourself. Please try to download and install the Premiere Elements 8.0.1 Update from the following link

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.1 update

You can leave the program closed during this download and install. Hopefully it will tell you that it is already installed or it will install.

2. If you are not seeing AppData after Owner, I suspect that your Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives is not selected.

To do that, click on the Start Button. Then in the Search field above the Start button, type in Folder Options.

Then look to the top of that left column where you should see Folder Options text to click on.

When you click on Folder Options, the Folder Options dialog appears. Click on the View Tab there and scroll down to the

Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives option to make sure that it is selected.

If the 8.0.1 Update and deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (or whole 8.0 Folder in which Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists) does not resolve the problem, then we should think about uninstall, the free ccleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Have you evaluated the problems with and without antivirus disabled to rule the antivirus program as a factor in the problems?

We will be looking forward to the results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                        ChiMickeyD Level 1

ATR,

Performed the steps you outlined in the last posting.   I see everything is in there now.     However, no change or improvement..   I guess I will just start the uninstall.   Will I lose everything I did in the past on the tool?       I ran the free ccleaner already.  Do I need to do that again?    Then I will reinstall.   I did go through a process with McAfee by phone last week on the antivirus programs McAfee Security Scan Plus and AntiVirus Plus.  They checked with it on and off (they drove my computer) and the issue did not change.   How do I disable the antivirus and firewall? 

Thanks ATR.

• 9. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

ChiMickeyD

Thanks for the update. Sorry the news was not better. But do not give up.

Disable Antivirus...you should be able to go into your antivirus program/settings and remove the check mark next to Real Time Protection.

Disable Firewall...Control Panel, and click on "System and Security"

Under "System and Security", click on "Windows Firewall"

In the page that opens, look to the left side column for the link to "Turn Windows Firewall on or off"

Uninstall should not delete your project files. You will lose some of your preferences. Maybe a good idea to do

Uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall in the hope of the ccleaner getting rid of any incomplete installs/reinstalls that might

have been generated after its prior use.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                            ChiMickeyD Level 1

ATR,  Program is now uninstalled;    the firewall message I get is that the settings are managed by vendor application McAfee Personal Firewall.  I am not finding the check box except for this below so I unchecked this (real time protection box not found yet):

Thanks

• 11. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

ChiMickeyD

In Windows 7 64 bit, you should be in the following location. Did you click on the specific titles that I posted?

You should have arrived at the location shown below and click on "Turn Windows Firewall on or off" as seen in the

left column headed by Control Panel Home.

Firewall.JPG

Please let us know if you are OK with those details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                ChiMickeyD Level 1

ATR,

I did go there hence my comments.  Here's the view.   Clicking on the left margin "Turn Windows Firewall on or off"  doesn't open anything.  Could be because of McAfee managing it.

• 13. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ChiMickeyD

Thanks for the detailed reply which helped me realize what you were facing with regard to disabling your Windows firewall.

Does the second part of the following online article help with disabling your firewall?

How to Disable McAfee: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

ATR

• 14. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                    ChiMickeyD Level 1

ATR, good link however one key issue.  On step 2-3 , the real time scan step on mine doesn't allow me either single/double click to open/access in order to change it .   Arrows show which ones I can open, oval can't open.   How do I get past that step?   I can access the web/email protection.

• 15. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                      ChiMickeyD Level 1

ATR,  ok McAfee uninstalled.  I will need to add back at some point.    I have to admit...process is getting frustrating without results.    What do we do next?   Attempt reinstall of the 8.1 update?   I already loaded 8.0.

• 16. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

ChiMickeyD

Thanks for the update.

Definitely update 8 to 8.0.1, but use the download from Adobe rather than anything that you might get from a Premiere Elements  8's Help Menu/Update.

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.1 update

Get all that done with McAfee uninstalled.

Are you still getting the licensing message with just the 8.0 version of the program (no update yet)?

If so, we are left no choice but to install the 8.0.1 Update to determine if this resolves the issue.

As for that firewall, I am not sure what to do about that other than the details in the online article.

Have you seen the following

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/need-urgent-help-cant-prevent-mcafee-from-managing- windows-firewall-settings.3287…

http://www.w7forums.com/threads/mcafee-security-issue.5535/

ATR

• 17. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                          ChiMickeyD Level 1

ATR,   I downloaded the 8.01 using your link above,  and double clicked it (Zip file).   DId a restart.    Even with McAfee uninstalled still,  no change.  Nothing comes up when I open New Project or Open Project.   Just grey screen.   I am not getting the licensing error.

Downloads:

• 18. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                            ChiMickeyD Level 1

ATR, I did also the articles on the links you provided.  They confirm what I was experiencing and what I conveyed to you.    I did load Comodo for Internet security for the meantime.   How do I check the graphics card?  Could that be an issue?  

Thanks.

ChiMickeyD

• 19. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                              ChiMickeyD Level 1

ATR, finally some success.  Without the McAfee in there, I went back to the Windows firewall that you recommended.    I found the box with blue arrow was not checked so I placed the check there.   With it checked, the video project time line now loads.   

Video is a little choppy when I use HD clips.  Not sure if I need to change any settings so that they flow smoother in the previews.  Maybe the video card question in my previous post relates to that.   Look forward to your thoughts on this post.   Thanks.

• 20. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

ChiMickeyD

Great great news. Great job in sorting through the antivirus and firewall(s) issue the way that you have.

First

Please post the properties of the source media that you are placing on the Timeline.

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

Duration

Sometimes the brand/model/settings of the camera used to record the video tells us all we need to know to get the project set up correctly.

Open Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 and set the project preset so that it matches the properties of the source media. If you need any help

in deciding which project preset to select, I will help you with that.

Make sure that the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features are turned off. Important.

(See Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/General for Background Rendering. See Elements Organizer workspace

Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer Options for AutoAnalzyer.)

Import your source media into the project with the program's Get Media/Files and Folder. Is there no colored line or a red line over the Timeline video content?

If a red line and you render the Timeline content by pressing the Enter key of the computer main keyboard to get the best possible preview, does that Timeline rendering give good quality preview in the Edit area monitor?

Please review and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 21. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                                  ChiMickeyD Level 1

ATR,  I want to let you know my video camera is a JVC GZ-E300 Everio AVCHD .    My user guide doesn't have the details you requested.   I have my project in the timeline but every step is painfully time consuming and slow (minutes long).    On your suggestion, I did reset the Organizer/ Auto Analyzer off;  Background rendering is off as well.    I do have red line over the time line but striking the space bar key does nothing, nothing quick.   If I hit enter, I get Rendering Media -progress with frames 176K and 42 previews.     Whole process is at a snails pace.

Thanks

ChiMickeyD

• 22. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

ChiMickeyD

Thanks for the update.

Editing AVCHD is going to be an uphill battle in Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 because of the high resource demands of editing video with AVCHD video compression. The intensity of the battle will depend on the size of the project. Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 is only a 32 bit application whether it is on a 32 bit or 64 bit computer and as such has the limitations of 32 bit system (maximum supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which typically 3.2 to 3.0 or less of that are available.)

From a look at the specifications of your JVC, it appears that you could be recording 1920 x 1080 either 30i or 30p with a .mts file extension. There is also a remote possibility that the JVC is recording AVCHD-LITE 720 x 480. But for now I am assuming the 1920 x 1080i30 format for the video that you are recording.

Could you fine tune the properties - maybe with a properties readout from MediaInfo (Tree View) MediaInfo | SourceForge.net

or just seeing if we can figure this out from the recording mode of the JVC? Be careful with anything downloaded and installed from the Internet. Be careful for your choices in download and installs so that you do not get hit with unwanted nuisance carry alongs with the MediaInfo.

Are you having good results with shorter, rather than longer, duration Timeline with this AVCHD content?

One approach that many took was to convert the AVCHD.mts 1920 x 1080 i30 into MPEG2 HD.mpg at 29.97 frames per second and try to work with that lesser resource demanding format. At that time Koyote Soft was the popular free software for the AVCHD to MPEG2HD conversion.

But to put things into perspective in  your specific situation

a. what is the duration of the typical Timeline content

b. what types of edits are included in that Timeline content - video stabilization, other? The clip with the Stabilizer applied takes a markedly longer time to Timeline render in contrast to other effects that might be applied to the video clip.

ATR

• 23. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                                      ChiMickeyD Level 1

ATR,  my projects tend to be longer.  The current one is a baseball game. Timeline duration is 1hr 37 min.    I do put a lot of graphics, transitions in the project.   The video does have .mts extension on the clips.  Confirmed using 1920 x 1080i30 format.    Results are better with short projects but unfortunately not practical in all cases.  This project is much longer.  I will try your Koyote Soft recommendation to MPEG2HD conversion/ format.  Typical durations are 1 hr,  Can I take off stabilizer if that would shorten time to timeline render?   Time is tight so I need to speed things up.    Maybe it's time to migrate to Elements 12?

Thanks

ChiMickeyD

• 24. Re: Element 8 - Window 7  error 150:30 and error 400
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

ChiMickeyD

You could take a look at the performance with and without the Stabilizer. See if without gives you enough of an edge to get the project done.

But, based on history of AVCHD editing in a 32 bit system, you might want to take a look at the Premiere Elements 12 tryout in your Windows 7 64 bit computer environment. If you have Windows 7 64 bit computer on which to run Premiere Elements 12, you should be in a good position. There are no guarantees for no troubleshooting for other things, but the odds are in your favor for success. Do not buy until you have given the tryout a workout. You can remove the Adobe watermark from the project files generated from the tryout. But, you cannot ever remove the Adobe watermark from the tryout's export to file saved to computer hard drive or burn to products.

Please let us know if the MPEG2HD.mpg can get you by this time with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1. Just keep the computer optimized - defragmented, Scratch disks pointed to locations with lots of free hard drive space, no pile ups of preview files, conformed audio, and conformed video.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR