8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2014 7:40 AM by ssprengel

Nikon D810 & Lightroom 5.6 posterization issue with Camera Profiles

JHarrisonPhoto

Sorry if this is a duplicate question.  I searched the forums and didn't find a similar thread.

It appears as the final release of Lightroom 5.6 and Adobe Camera RAW broke Camera Profiles when being used with the Nikon D810.

I used Lightroom 5.5 and the Adobe Camera raw pre-release versions and DNG converter and no issues were seen.

Issue:

Import Nikon D810 NEF Raw files into Lightroom.

Default import with no changes to image. 

Adobe Standard Camera Profile appears to work

Adobe Landscape Camera Profile or Vivid profile cause posterization in parts of the image.

A long thread on this issue is over at DP Review.   http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/54122110

Previously Worked:

I used Lighttroom 5.5 and the pre-release version of the RAW to DNG converter and no issues were seen.

Please me know is this is a known issue or if there is something else going on!  Can't wait to get back to working with my Nikon D810 images!!!!

I will try to revert to the previous version in the meantime.

Thank,
      John

Sample images:

Nikon D810.  NEF exported as JPEG.   Adobe Standard Camera Profile.  Default values for import.

Adobe Standard LR56 D810 (1 of 1).JPG

Adobe Standard 2 LR56 D810 (1 of 1).JPG

Nikon D810.  NEF exported as JPEG.   Landscape Camera Profile.  Default values for import.

Camera Landscape LR56 D810 (1 of 1).JPG

Camera Landscape2 LR56 D810 (1 of 1).JPG