3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2007 3:53 PM by clbeech

where can i find simple flash play/stop button tutorial

monster91
      Can anyone help me where can i find simple flash play/stop button tutorial. All i need to import a icon play/stop button, when click it load wav file.

How can i attach media.fla

when u click btn

on(release) {
      CodePlayer.start();
      }

on(release) {
      CodePlayer.stop();
      }

action script
      CodePlayer = new Sound();
      CodePlayer.loadSound("ContactUs.wav",true);
        • 1. Re: where can i find simple flash play/stop button tutorial
          clbeech Level 3
          OK your sorta close. the .wav file "ContactUs.wav" couldn't be too large a file, and you can't use 'loadSound' with a .wav, it would need to be an mp3 file and you also have it set to be a streaming file, which I would image is not necessary.

So under File>>import select the wav file and add it to the Library. Select it, right click, and select 'linkage'. Enter a name for the identifier like 'contact_id' and hit OK. Now go back to your code on frame one, main timeline and change the code you have to:

var CodePlayer:Sound = new Sound();
          CodePlayer.attachSound("contact_id");

Now in your button handlers change to:

on(release) {
          _parent.CodePlayer.start();
          }
          on(release) {
          _parent.CodePlayer.stop();
          }
          • 2. Re: where can i find simple flash play/stop button tutorial
            monster91 Level 1
            where can i find a tutorial, where the play button/stop button as speaker icon. when u click speaker icon, it will play and when u click it will stop. i have problem doing it.

Any tutorial with source
            • 3. Re: where can i find simple flash play/stop button tutorial
              clbeech Level 3
              You draw one, very simple. This is what Flash is for, make your own icon however you would like it to look, add the codes above, tutorial done. I don't think you'll find one on this subject specificlly (how to make a speaker button icon), try and google it. All you need to do is make a button (or two).

If you want to learn, open up the Flash Help documentation, all you'll ever need to know is in there, start at the begining and learn how to create a button.

Or visit learnFlash.com, they have many great video tutorials, some free, maybe even a button one.