The photos on the front page are masked by rounded rectangles
as soon as the photos load. I'm using the MCL.onLoadInit() event to
accomplish this. If you click on one of those three photos, the
photos are replaced with three different photos, which are also
masked in the same way. The JPEGs are loaded with MCL instances and
as soon as they load, they are masked by another MC that's already
present. The problem is that, since I upgraded to CS3, when I test
this locally in a browser, only the images on the front page get
masked. It seems like the MCL's onLoadInit() event doesn't get
called when tested locally in a web browser. It obviously works
fine when it's coming from a server. And it works fine when I test
within Flash using Publish Preview. At the moment it's just a pain
in the butt. At least it actually works when it really counts. But
this seems like a pretty significant bug, if you ask me.
Anyone have similar problems? Does Adobe know about this?
I just revisited this issue. It isn't that MCL events aren't
getting broadcast when I test locally in a browser. It's simply
that a MC can't be masked using MC.setMask(). Once again,
everything works fine when I test within Flash or if I view within
a browser while the file is actually on a server. There is just
some bizarre quirk that doesn't allow masking to work properly when
Some other details: setMask() DOES work fine for the classes
that are initially created, for the front page of the site. The
issue comes up when I create instances of another MovieClip
subclass that loads and masks images dynamically. All MovieClip
subclasses that I use, after the very first subclasses, have the
setMask() issue. And I'm on Win XP.
Hopefully someone from Adobe is out there, listening!