5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2014 6:43 AM by vickymighty

problems saving

kaitlyn321

I've been editing some wedding photos I took recently on Photoshop. After awhile an error message came up every time I tried to save any picture. I figured out that I become unable to save a photo only after I used the burn tool. Is anyone else having this issue? Help please!!

• 1. Re: problems saving
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What message? What system? What version of PS? What photos (file types, color mode, color profiles)? What storage locations? What saving procedures? You need to be a lot more specific.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: problems saving
            Level 5

Have you tried:

1. Re-setting the Tool or Reset the Tool (see screenshot below).
              Quitting and relaunching Photoshop?
            2. Rebooting your machine?
            3. Deleting Photoshop's preferences by holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Win) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac) as you relaunch Photoshop and keeping then down until you see a dialog box asking you the pertinent question(s)?
            4. Tried anything else?

Always provide all pertinent details when asking questions on the forum, please.

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand, such as your platform (Mac or Win), exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop and of Bridge, machine specs, what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far, what error message(s) you receive, if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them, etc., someone may be able to help you.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 3. Re: problems saving
              kaitlyn321 Level 1

I have Photoshop CC for Windows 8 and whenever I try to save a photo it says "Could not save a copy as C:\Users\...\IMG_9582.jpg because of a" and the message cuts off there with an "Okay" box

• 4. Re: problems saving
                kaitlyn321 Level 1

I'm only saving to a regular folder on my hard drive and I've already restarted the program, restarted my laptop, and reset the preferences

• 5. Re: problems saving
                  vickymighty

i am experiencing similar issue. after designing with Photoshop CS6 on Acer Aspire ONE running Windows 7 OS, if i click CTRL S or CTRL SHIFT S to save, nothing pops up. Please help.