8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 11:28 AM by A.T. Romano

Why does Adobe so often tell me my ID and password are wrong?

jedokie Level 1

I'm very frequently told that my ID/password are wrong!! I change them and then soon get the same annoying message. How do I stop this recurrent problem?

• 1. Re: Why does Adobe so often tell me my ID and password are wrong?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jedokie

This is not Adobe. Just user to user. What you describe is a matter for Adobe.

Please contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat to sort out your Adobe ID and Password issue.

To do that, please click on the following link and click on the Chat panel. I have pre-set it for

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID and Signing In

Adobe ID, Signing In, and Account Help

Contact Customer Care

I am not sure if the set will hold to the exact page. If not, then you will need to navigate to the Chat panel with the above guide posts.

Recently there have been problems with the availability of Adobe Chat. But, at this moment, the Chat Panel at the end of the path

cited is available. I just checked.

Please let us know the outcome when your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why does Adobe so often tell me my ID and password are wrong?
            jedokie Level 1

Thanks, I’ve tried that more than once. I now just tell them right away that I don’t want to go down the cook book list of things they are usually told to tell customers to do, because I’ve done all those things many times. I ask to be escalated to a higher level tech and last time I was promised a phone call from Adobe in “Two or three days.” I’m still waiting. I have an email copy of the chat and if I don’t get that call I plan to send a copy of the chat and a postal letter to Samsung executive offices if I can find an address for the USA. Thanks for your reply.

• 3. Re: Why does Adobe so often tell me my ID and password are wrong?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jedokie

Thanks for the follow up.

I did not understand the part in your last post about Samsung executive offices. What does Samsung have to do with this Adobe ID and Password situation?

Did you mean to write Adobe, not Samsung?

Office locations | Adobe

By the way, what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? Where are you having problems with the Adobe ID and Password

a. Signing Into the Adobe Forums

b. Signing In for Premiere Elements 11 or 12

ATR

• 4. Re: Why does Adobe so often tell me my ID and password are wrong?
                jedokie Level 1

Yes, Adobe. Having similar problems with Samsung. Sorry I transposed the two.

• 5. Re: Why does Adobe so often tell me my ID and password are wrong?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jedokie

Thanks for the reply with the clarification.

Hope you have made contact with Adobe via its Adobe Chat to sort out the details of the Adobe ID and Password issue.

A while back, there was an Adobe security issue and many of us ended up having to establish new Adobe ID and Password.

Any chance, you could be trying to work off an older Adobe ID and Password? From what you wrote, this did not seem the case, but

I thought I would mention it just in case.

Please let us know the outcome when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Why does Adobe so often tell me my ID and password are wrong?
                    jedokie Level 1

I’ll let you know IF I get it resolved. Do you know of any good online information for real beginners for Premiere Elements? I need something that starts at the beginning and goes slowly. I have 3 DVDs made from old 8mm movie film and I’m having a lot of trouble getting them into Premiere Elements and doing the necessary editing. Thanks.

• 7. Re: Why does Adobe so often tell me my ID and password are wrong?
                      jedokie Level 1

If you’re interested in a copy of the chat, it might be worth a few chuckles. If you want I will send you a copy.

[personal information removed... Mod - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

• 8. Re: Why does Adobe so often tell me my ID and password are wrong?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

jedokie

The Adobe Chat sounds intriguing. Was the bottom line on the chat resolving or unresolving?

If you want to send a copy of the chat to me for private viewing, I think the better way would be to send it to me via the Adobe Forums private message system.

To do that, click on my ID at the top of one of my replies in your thread in order to open to my profile page. To the right of that page you will see an orange envelope icon with the word Message next to it. That is the route for the private message sending.

I am going to ask a moderator to remove your email link since any contact information in these threads is public, and your email address would be open to nuisances.

If you have DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, you can rip (copy) video files from that disc and get the video Files (VOBs) to the Premiere Elements Timeline for editing and exporting. Some insists that these video files (VOBs) should be converted to MPEG beforehand. That is not necessary for Premiere Elements and the route described. If problems surface in the route cited, then we troubleshoot them for many factors. All you are going to do in process

a. put your DVD disc in the DVD/CD burner tray

b. open Premiere Elements (pre-set to DV standard or widescreen) and use Add Media/"DVD camera or Computer Drive"/Video Importer where you select your video file(s) VTS_01_1.VOB and, if large DVD content, more in that series.

More details to follow if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR