3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2014 8:14 AM by brihi

Lightroom Mobile does not sync

brihi Level 1
      Hi.  The collections in Lightroom synced with Lightroom mobile once when first setup.  It does not sync anything now. I installed Lightroom 5.6 and I have deleted all the data. I have logged in and out of my profile. It still does not sync. Please advise of a possible next step. Thanks,  -BrianP
        • 1. Re: Lightroom Mobile does not sync
          ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

brihi wrote:

Hi.  The collections in Lightroom synced with Lightroom mobile once when first setup.  It does not sync anything now. I installed Lightroom 5.6 and I have deleted all the data. I have logged in and out of my profile. It still does not sync. Please advise of a possible next step. Thanks,  -BrianP

Can you please explain a little bit more precisely what you are expecting?

Is it Lightroom desktop or Lightroom Mobile (on the device) that doesn't sync?

Where do you expect the sync to happen. Have you made edits - if so on which side (Desktop/Mobile)?

When you mention that you have deleted all the data, what exactly did you delete?

Have you enabled sync again after logging in again?

Which OS are you using on the desktop side?

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 2. Re: Lightroom Mobile does not sync
            brihi Level 1

Hi Ignacio,

Thank-you very much for replying and trying to help me with the synching issue.

I have a new MacBookPro running Maverick and the newest version on of Lightroom and iPad 2 running 7.1.2.

I went into Lightroom system preferences->Lightroom Mobile->delete data plus I signed in and out.

I created collections for 1744 photos in about 19 collections.

It actually just synced the data from the Lightroom Desktop to the Lightroom mobile device [iPad2] just now! Coincidentally!

I am not sure why it took over 2 days for the sync to occur. It now works! Not only does it work, but I made changes to Lightroom desktop and it the collection synced to the Lightroom Mobile pretty

immediately.

Can you maybe help me understand why it took 2 days to sync for the first time?

I was doing a massive upload to Google drive at the same time. Maybe there was a conflict.

Regards,

-BrianP

• 3. Re: Lightroom Mobile does not sync
              brihi Level 1

Hi Ignacio,

I received a reply below from Guido at Adobe:

Hi brihi, could you please try to re-sign-in to Lr Mobile on the iPad/iPhone. There was a misconfiguration at the back-end of your account. This should be fixed now.

Reason for the failure was a second needless lightroom catalog generated by the Lr Mobile app. Occurs sometimes after a triggered "Delete Data" by Lightroom desktop. We will fix this with our next planned Lr Mobile update.

Let me know if its  working now on your side..."

So now it works!

Thank-you very much for you support!

Regards,

-BrianP