3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2014 7:29 AM by Rick Gerard

After effects cs4 render error/problem

kobebryan24

I started rendering my video.After 1:30 minutes after i started rendering, the video changed intro something looking like a TV without signal, and stayed like that till the end of the video.Something like in this photo

No_Signal_wallpaper_by_r00t_b33r.jpg

• 1. Re: After effects cs4 render error/problem
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That is what you get with missing footage. Check your project, fix the missing footage problem, then if you still have a problem we need to know the details of your composition and your system. We have nothing else to go on.

• 2. Re: After effects cs4 render error/problem
            kobebryan24 Level 1

my footage is a WMV Dxtory codec.

My system is : Intel core i3 , HD graphics 3000 , 1,8 gb ram

As i explained: it renders untill a point where it happens that the footage is replaced with that picture i posted  and the photos i added on the footage remain.

• 3. Re: After effects cs4 render error/problem
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't think you understood me. When you get the color bars there is missing footage in your comp. Try scrubbing through your timeline to the place where the color bars appear in your render. You should see the same thing in the comp window. Find the layer that is giving you the color bar image, right click and select find in Project, then right click the footage and use the replace footage option to find the footage.

If that does not fix your problem please give us a screenshot with the CTI at the point in your render where the color bars appear and reveal all properties of the problematic layer.

I just looked up the codec you are using. It's a highly compressed 3rd party codec and that alone could be causing your problem. There are lots of users of that codec that have problems. If you do not have missing footage in your project then Transcode the original screen capture footage to a suitable production quality codec and replace the footage in your AE project with a standard digital intermediate codec. Jpeg compressed Quicktime is probably one of the most versatile and dependable DI codec.