8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2007 11:10 AM by tclaremont

search and compare in an external directory

instant_joe
      I am still a relative neophyte to the world of ColdFusion, but I have created some fairly sophisticated real estate applications. I have an issue that I need to solve and I’m not sure exactly how to approach it. I’m thinking that the solutions will most likely involve some ColdFusion and perhaps some other techniques, but I’m not sure.

Here’s the situation:
      Located on a server that is external to my application is a directory that has in it a large number of image files. The image files are all named under a very specific naming convention. These images are for real estate listings, and the filenames are the MLS number for that listing followed by _1, _2, _3, etc. depending on how many images are associated with that particular listing.

What I need to be able to do is: (a.) check for the existence of any image associated with a particular listing (some may have no images) and (b) count the number of images associated with a listing by performing some sort of search an compare function with a count.

I have no idea if this is possible using ColdFusion or what would be the best way to tackle this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Joe