1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 6:03 PM by A.T. Romano

Issues using "Save for Web"

chevellesgirl

In Photoshop Elements 11 and 12, when we do "Save for Web", it will NOT allow us to save a file name with spaces in it. 

You can only save a file name by removing the spaces or adding dashes.

For example, "ThisIsMyFileName.jpg" works and "This-Is-My-File-Name.jpg" works, but "This is my file name.jpg" no longer works. 

The error received is "Could not complete this operation.  A write permissions error has occurred."

This would not happen on Elements 10.  We are using MacBook pros and have the latest software (OS X 10.9.4) and every time we want to save for web, we have to make an effort to remove the spaces in the file name or add dashes. 

How can we go back to saving a filename with spaces like we did in previous versions?

• 1. Re: Issues using "Save for Web"
          A.T. Romano Level 7

chevellesgirl

If your program is Photoshop Elements, then you have posted in the wrong forum. Your thread somehow got into the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (video editing).

So, please re-post your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum or wait for a moderator here to see your thread here and then move it from here to there.

Photoshop Elements

Aside note...In my opinion this is not a Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements issue. This is a Windows known file name issue.

If I rename a file that has nothing to do with Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements in Windows 7 64 bit and

Type This is my file name.jpg

The system lets me type that file name and save that file. But, when I look at the file name for the saved file, it is not as I typed it. It is now

This-is-my-file.jpg.

ATR