1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 4:23 PM by A.T. Romano

In Adobe Elements, how do I get rid of background noise in my audio?

supersam9

I just bought a USB microphone to help with my narrations on adobe elements. How do i get rid of the feedback and the echoing noises in the background of my audio?

• 1. Re: In Adobe Elements, how do I get rid of background noise in my audio?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

supersam9

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Classically USB microphones do not work with Premiere Elements (any version) for use with its Narration Tool. Have you found otherwise?

Where is the noise - in narration clips produced by the Narration Tool or from imported audio files added to numbered Audio Tracks and/or soundtrack?

From what you wrote, it appears that the audio noises are confined to the narration being produced with your microphone and Premiere Elements Narration Tool. Is that correct?

Under fx Effects there are audio effects that you can explore to reduce noise. See Reference Effects Adobe document for a description of the fx Effects audio effects.

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Effects reference

If you use the same microphone and create your narration in Audacity and import that narration into a Premiere Elements project, do you get noise in your narration?

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Besides making sure that your microphone is compatible with Premiere Elements, have you evaluated your narration recording techniques...how close are you to the microphone, room noise level while recording, etc.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WSED45334D-D309-445e-AF34-2AB3E3CCAA8D. html

Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR