1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 3:18 PM by dj_paige

Moving a duplicate of my images back to internal drive.

acp$43

I moved my images to an external hard drive because I wanted to have a backup copy. In the library module when I highlighted the catalog to import them the images were there but not checked off. Instead of importing from the external drive it would only allow me to export the images. Should I be exporting this catalog (which it is running right now)? I thought it was suppose to import the images to the C Drive My Picture. Please help. Thank you

• 1. Re: Moving a duplicate of my images back to internal drive.
          dj_paige Level 9

I moved my images to an external hard drive because I wanted to have a backup copy.

Moving images does not create a backup. If you copy (not move) the images to a different physical disk, then you have created a backup (and don't forget to make a backup of your catalog file)

With regards to exporting and importing catalogs, its not 100% clear to me what you are doing, but to make a backup or use a backup (or the moved photos) no importing or exporting of catalogs is needed, and no importing or exporting of photos is needed. Just copy the photos back to their previous location (before you moved them)