5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 9:45 AM by A.T. Romano

How do you correct misspelling in text?

freethedata Level 1

I have not found a way to correct a misspelling in at text box except by deleting and starting over.  Is there an easier way?

• 1. Re: How do you correct misspelling in text?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

freethedata

Just saw this thread as it was about to slip out of sight.

Where are you in Premiere Elements 12?

Expert workspace

Text Menu

New Text

Default Text

and you have just created a title and closed out of the Titler? Or, something else?

If the Tiler is closed and you spot an error in the text in the text file on the Timeline, just double click the Timeline text file to reopen the

Titler and edit the text. This is the same in earlier versions, so I am suspecting something other than my first impression

of your question.

Looking forward to further details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do you correct misspelling in text?
            freethedata Level 1

Like you said in the last paragraph, I am using PE12, I am in the timeline in Expert view, the titler is closed, I spot a typo, I click on the text file in the timeline, the photo with text opens, I see guidelines, but the box in which the text was entered does not open, so I cannot change it. 

Sent from my iPad

• 3. Re: How do you correct misspelling in text?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

freethedata

Please let me know if my details are in sync with what is actually happening there....

1. You have closed the Titler and spot a typing error in the text title.

Does the following screenshot represent your type of situation.

Summer1.JPG

If so, you double click the text file on Video 2 to open the Titler for correcting the typing error.

2. The Titler opens and you should be facing the following

Summer2.JPG

3. At this point, in the example above

a. In the Text section of the Titler with the Mode = Horizontal Text tool, use the mouse cursor to click between m and e and then backspace to remove the extra letter m.

or

b. In the Text section of the Titler with the Mode = Selection Tool, use the mouse cursor to select the text on screen (should now see bounding box with handles around text). Then switch to the Horizontal Text Tool, with the mouse cursor click on the right edge of the text, and drag over the text from right to left to create a gray haze over it. Then click and retype where needed in the hazed area.

Please review and consider and then let me know if I have targeted your question.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do you correct misspelling in text?
                freethedata Level 1

Thanks.  I did steps 1 & 2 below, but did not complete step 3 because I did not see a box around the text.  I think I was thinking about Microsoft Access, where text to be edited is inside a box.  Completing step 3 does what I need.

Sent from my iPad

• 5. Re: How do you correct misspelling in text?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

freethedata

Thanks for the follow up.

Glad to learn that you are moving forward with the text editing.

Best wishes

ATR