5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2014 7:56 AM by BobLevine

InDesign CS3 on MacBook Pro

SWT7K

I have been using CS3 on my iMac for years and will eventually upgrade, but I just received a MacBook Pro and for now would just like to work on my new computer.

I downloaded the app from Adobe, and it works fine on the 30-day trial, but when I enter the serial number, it does not work.  I have only used it on my iMac, and when I called support a few weeks ago, they told me that I was OK on activations.

Instead of bothering tech support, has anyone else had this issue?

• 1. Re: InDesign CS3 on MacBook Pro
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

What does "it does not work" mean?

• 2. Re: InDesign CS3 on MacBook Pro
            SWT7K Level 1

Sorry for poor explanation.  When I finish with the last digit of the serial number, a red X is at the end of the last box, instead of a green check mark.

So, the system shows that my serial number doesn't work/isn't valid/etc., so the only option is to check the 30-day trial box.

• 3. Re: InDesign CS3 on MacBook Pro

Then you have an invalid serial number and nobody here can help.

You’ll need to contact Adobe directly for assistance.

• 4. Re: InDesign CS3 on MacBook Pro
                SWT7K Level 1

Just got through to them (sales).

The guy said that my serial number is still valid, and checks out with my email address.  Since CS3 support just ended a few weeks ago, he said there was nothing further he could do, but he did give one suggestion:

He said it was possible that the version does not work 100% with my newer computer (MacBook Pro using Maverick 10.9.4). Thus, the "limited version" that goes with the 30-day free trial might work, but the full version might not.  This didn't really make sense to me, since I would guess that the program would allow the serial number and then crash later were that the problem.

In any event, product works fine on iMac, works fine (as far as I can tell) on MacBook, but in 27 days the latter will stop.

• 5. Re: InDesign CS3 on MacBook Pro

Could be the licensing doesn’t work on Mavericks. CS3 it unsupported so you’re on your own, anyway.