4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2014 12:52 PM by sebdea

2+ hours to install and update Adobe Exchange?

sebdea Level 1

Hi there,

MacMini late 2009, OS X 10.9.4, 6Gb RAM

Adobe InDesign CC2014 - up to date

I was looking for an extension/application 3rd party for InDesign to word count a project done in Indesign. Therefore, I went to: Window - Extensions - Adobe Exchange. When I clicked on it was saying that updates are available. I let the program to download and install the updates that were supposing to: Update containing the latest enhancements and bugfixes.

It takes 2+ hours and it is still doing something I have no idea what. Is this normal?

Screenshot 2014-08-05 10.48.42.png

Is there another way to update the Adobe Exchange? Am I missing something? Was something else need it to be installed in order to work fine?

Any information will be appreciate.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

• 1. Re: 2+ hours to install and update Adobe Exchange?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Doesn't sound normal to me...

• 2. Re: 2+ hours to install and update Adobe Exchange?
            sebdea Level 1

I could not agree more with you. And it is still does that. I cannot access anything from Adobe Exchange as it is continuing to update. Later I discovered something else that bother me more.

Everytime I create a new folder or I process an image which is saved in that new folder or somewhere else, InDesign cannot access the file because do not see that new folder. I have to either close InDesign and open it again or drag and drop images from new folder in InDesign. If I have multiple images, I noticed that InDesign can access them but never the last one edited.

Let me explain with screenshots. The image that is InDesign was processed as greyscale and saved in a specific folder in order to keep originals for future editing if need it. Yet, InDesign could not see it, though if I would access the folder I can see the image is in there.

Screenshot 2014-08-26 16.40.05.png

Instead, when I moved to next image on document and process it as greyscale, the new one was not seen by InDesign, yet the previous became visible:

Screenshot 2014-08-26 16.40.21.png

Screenshot 2014-08-26 16.42.49.png

Does it have something related to the fact that all the files were saved on Dropbox? Normally those files are on my computer too, and the only thing related to Dropbox is that they are sync'ed with Dropbox server. But they are physical present on my HDD.

Anyway, I think I might reinstall everything from the very beginning.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Sebastian

• 3. Re: 2+ hours to install and update Adobe Exchange?
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In InDesign CC 2014, Adobe Exchange has been replaced with Add-ons which are available by choosing Window > Browse Add-ons. Instead of viewing add-ons in a panel window, you'll pick them from a Creative Cloud browser interface. This is true for other CC 2014 applications as well.

This link tells you about them:

Adobe Add-ons | Adobe Exchange | Adobe TV

• 4. Re: 2+ hours to install and update Adobe Exchange?
                sebdea Level 1

Thank you. That does not explain why Adobe left that option still active in InDesign.

Regards,

Sebastian