5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2014 6:42 AM by Franck Payen

Temporarily disabling opacity layer property -> Feature Request

Franck Payen MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hi.

I have searched but not found any answer in the After Effect's keyboard shortcuts page.

Is there an easy way to disable the opacity effect layer property for one layer in a comp ? (temporarily, removing all the opacity keys is not an option)

I'm working on a slideshow with fade in/out, self modified (so opacity keyframes are 0, 100, 100, 0).

But since I have to change also position and scale, I sometimes need to edit one layer solo, with 100% opacity, instead of 0.

So far, I've been pushing my keys out ( 0 - - - 100 - - - 100 - - - 0 => 0 - - - 100 - - - - - - - - - - - 100 - - - 0 ) so my view is opaque most of the time, and then I need to put everything back in place so the transitions look fine.

Since I'm not advanced user in AE, may be I've missed a way to do it, or a shortcut.

Right now, I'm thinking about Photoshop's mask thumbnail (in the layers panel) that you can alt-click/shift-click to display or set inactive. Is there such a thing in AE and if not, where is the best place to put this as a feature request ?