3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 9:42 AM by A.T. Romano

Video on top of picture

Zeifly

Untitled.png

I'm not sure if the picture erased the text I'd already written so I'll just type it again. I make videos for YouTube and I was wanting to have my video play on top of a background image as shown above. So the video would be playing in the top left corner and the background image would stay where it is throughout the whole thing. How would I go about doing this? -Zax

• 1. Re: Video on top of picture
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Zeifly

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system.

In the absence of specifics, I will general

1. Video on Video Track 2

2. Background on directly below on Video Track 1.

Select Video on Video Track 2, and, in the Edit on Video Track 2 accordingly.

OR

1. Go to Effects/Presets and drag the static PiP 25% or 40% effect into Video on Video Track 2.

2. Background is on Video Track 1 directly below the Video on Video Track 2.

Then scale and/or re-position the scaled down image in the Edit area monitor to suit your purposes.

Information to be fine tuned pending more details on your particular situation.

We will be watching for your follow up.

ATR

• 2. Re: Video on top of picture
            Zeifly Level 1

Sorry, I forgot to put that in after the picture erased my message. Anyways, I'm using PE12 and I'm on a Windows 8 64-bit operating system. Hope this helps.

• 3. Re: Video on top of picture
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Zeifly

Thanks for the follow up with more details of your Premiere Elements and computer environment.

Use the basic instructions given in post numbered 1.

Premiere Elements 12 Windows 8 64 bit

Expert workspace

1. Video file on Video Track 2

2. Background Image file directly below on Video Track 1.

3. Go to fx Effects tab at bottom of workspace and select the category named Presets. Under Presets, find and drag either of the following effects into

the video file on Video Track 2

PiP 25% LL

or

PiP 40% LL

pip25.JPG

Then adjust the scale and position of the video in relation to the Background Image.

When you click on the video on screen, its bounding box will appear with the opportunity for you to custom scale the video by clicking and dragging on a  bounding box handle. Also click and drag the bounding box to the wanted location.

Unless you want a special effects PiPs, I think that it is just as easy to start

1. Video file on Video Track 2

2. Background Image file directly below on Video Track 1.

And then click on the screen to get the Video Track 2 Video file bounding box, scale using a bounding box handle. Click and drag bounding box of the scaled image to the wanted position in relation to the Background Image.

Please consider and review and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR