3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2014 1:52 PM by JJMack

cs5 very small toolbar, tried preferences, interface etc.

Elizabeth428

How can I fix this?  I am using windows 8, thank you.

• 1. Re: cs5 very small toolbar, tried preferences, interface etc.
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

For CS5 attach a low resolution display to your laptop.

• 2. Re: cs5 very small toolbar, tried preferences, interface etc.
            Elizabeth428 Level 1

Buy a new monitor or change to low resolution defeats the purpose of using Photoshop for high quality turn out.  I need to know how to fix the software. Thanks.

• 3. Re: cs5 very small toolbar, tried preferences, interface etc.
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

eth428 wrote:

Buy a new monitor or change to low resolution defeats the purpose of using Photoshop for high quality turn out.  .

No you use the low resolution external display for your Photoshop Palettes and the High Resolution Laptop LCD for you image window

Two displays are better then one  I been doing that since 2002 where my ThinkPad 133DPI IPS LCD was used for Photoshop Image windows and my low resolution external display user for the palettes.   I even create an Photoshop Action that split images in and scale the parts for the displays two different DPI resolution and different aspect ratios one was a 4:3 the other a 16:9 aspect ratio. When the image was tiled as wall paper it a single size image both displays were 9" high. the inafe file looked strange even the side were swapped because Windows tiles from display 1 no mater what side display 2 is on.

43pBoats.jpg

Had other configurations they looked like these all displayed like the top image

ThreeType.jpg