8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 8:43 AM by A.T. Romano

21:9 Premiere 12?

AlenaG

How can i render 21:9 or make my own new custom sequence in Premiere 12? My video is taken in 21:9, but Premiere render it only in 16:9

• 1. Re: 21:9 Premiere 12?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

alenag

What are the properties of this video with the 21:9 aspect ratio?

Frame Size in particular of now.

ATR

• 2. Re: 21:9 Premiere 12?
            AlenaG Level 1

Original size 4GB, 2560x1080,  Framerate 30,  taken with Fraps Video Decompressor  (AVI)

And after rendering in Premiere it's full HD (1920x1080) 16:9 but with black border above and below.

• 3. Re: 21:9 Premiere 12?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

alenag

If your video editor is Premiere Elements, your best may be what you have gotten (with black borders).

But, I have an idea. If it works great, if not, so much for that great idea.

I will try first for a 1920 x 815 and see what happens.

But even if you get a 21:9 video, where are you going to play it?

More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: 21:9 Premiere 12?
                AlenaG Level 1

Now it's in 21:9 but only small size of it

It is possible somehowe change the sequence if i start a new project? I only found tutorials for Premiere Pro and in Elements i can't change anything ( i guess it's because of novice users).

I wanna sometime upload some videos on youtube, but if this not work in 21:9 aspect ratio and only with borders i must render it in 16:9

• 5. Re: 21:9 Premiere 12?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

AlenaG

I have spent the evening working out the details of importing and exporting 21:9 video into Premiere Elements 12/12.1 so that you do not get black borders in the Edit area or when you view the export. I have ordered all of that into a blog post which I will publish within the hour. I will post the link to that blog post here then.

Reminder, once you set a project preset in Premiere Elements project you cannot change it. You start a new project if the project preset is not correct. That is the party line. But, I have described a way for doing just that without having to start a new project. However often it is easier just to start a new project. But this is another story for another time.

Let us see how you do with the 21:9 video matter.

ATR

• 6. Re: 21:9 Premiere 12?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

AlenaG

This is the link to the blog post that I just published on 21:9 video in Premiere Elements importing, editing, and exporting.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Project Preset with 21:9 Display Aspect Ratio

Please review and consider.

Any questions or need clarification, please let me know. I have not tried an upload of the Premiere Elements Timeline to YouTube using the Premiere Elements YouTube feature  because Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Social Websites/YouTube does not have an export preset to cover it.

I suspect that, if YouTube will accept the 21:9 video, it will be by saving the Premiere Elements Timeline to the 1920 x 822 export and then uploading that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

ATR

• 7. Re: 21:9 Premiere 12?
                      AlenaG Level 1

Thank you soooo much for your help and time! IT WORKS!

Your tutorial is very good, great job!

Alena

• 8. Re: 21:9 Premiere 12?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

AlenaG

Thanks for the follow up. Glad that the suggestion worked for you.

It was an interesting question to work through to a solution.

Great job of sorting through the How To details.

Best wishes

ATR