0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2007 9:37 AM by mfkpro

Trouble with loading external mp3 files

mfkpro
      I apologize for the length of the post. I hope this is clear of what I am trying to explain.

My problem deals with getting "undefined" when I press a button to load an external mp3 files. The following is what my XML childNode looks like:

<option phonetic="Soundless, or A" name="aleph" cursive="alephCursive.swf" block="alephBlock.swf" audio="char1.mp3"/>

Every attribute loads the way I've programmed them, except for the last one "audio".

The following is what my actionscript looks like loading in these attributes:
      Everything is happening inside the onLoad event for my XML file.

var xmlContent = this.firstChild.firstChild;
      audioContent = new Array();
      for (var i = 0; i<this.firstChild.firstChild.childNodes.length; i++) {
      nextEntry = xmlContent.childNodes ;
      audioContent
      = [nextEntry.attributes.phonetic, nextEntry.attributes.name, nextEntry.attributes.cursive, extEntry.attributes.block, nextEntry.attributes.audio];
      }

The code above simply adds each attribute to the audioContent array. Each element traces out correctly.

The following code is how I am using these attributes:

for (var i = 0; i<audioLength; i++) {
      audioContainer.attachMovie("container4", "audioItem"+i, i);
      // Create a shortcut reference to the present movie clip
      thisClip = audioContainer["audioItem"+i];

thisClip.myTxt1.htmlText = audioContent
      [0];
      thisClip.myTxt2.htmlText = audioContent [1];

thisClip.cursive_mc = loadThis(assetPath+audioContent
      [2], thisClip.cursive_mc);
      thisClip.block_mc = loadThis(assetPath+audioContent [3], thisClip.block_mc);

thisClip.speaker_mc.attachMovie("speaker", "speaker_mc", this.getNextHighestDepth());
      thisClip.speaker_mc.speaker_mc.onRollOver = function() {
      this.nextFrame();
      };
      thisClip.speaker_mc.speaker_mc.onRollOut = function() {
      this.prevFrame();
      };
      thisClip.speaker_mc.speaker_mc.onRelease = function() {
      mySnd.loadSound(audioPath+audioContent
      [4],true);
      };
      }

Loading the text works inside the htmlText. Using a function loadThis to load external swf files works corerctly and even attaching a linked movieclip from my library called "speaker" works correctly.

The problem comes from pressing the speaker movieclip that the output traces "undefined" instead of the external mp3 file.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.