@Chris – select the cell and click at sides you do not want to change in the cell widget of the Cell Options dialog. Then chose one of the following options:
1. Set the stroke width to "0"
2. Set the stroke style to "None"
1. Select a cell (at least one insertion point is selected inside the cell)
After selecting a cell:
2. Select the Cell Options dialog
3. Deselect the sides you want to preserve in the cell widget for the strokes (click on them)
4. Set stroke style to "None"
5. Set the stroke width to "0"
Thank you so much Laubender. I greatly appreciate it the help and thanks again for your time.
Now we can debate, if its better to set stroke style to "None" or setting the stroke width to "0".
Unfortunately the first option is missing if you use tools bar! Why? (arrgh!)