2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2014 10:17 PM by Pete.Green

why does my photoshop keep crashing?

renakok

why does my photoshop keep crashing whenever I open it?

• 1. Re: why does my photoshop keep crashing?
          firstfast

Found the problem and the solution. After days of researching this problem I found several people having the same issue with no real solution but a bunch of things to try. I notice someone talking about Wacom tablets and their solution was to remove the latest drivers and revert back to an earlier one. I tried it and it didn't work still had the issue. I went to the Task Manager to view my process and saw these 3 tablet process still running: Pen_Tablet.exe, Pen_Tablet.exe, and Pen_Tabletuser.exe. Even after deleting all Wacom software off my computer these were still there. I ended all three processes in task manager manually and my adobe software started to function as normal except LR. LR could not locate my LR catalog, after several tries to fix this I just deleted LR because I'm a PS guy. I rebooted the computer and once again the Adobe software stopped working with the same problem. Went to the task manager to view the processes running and there again were the 3 tablet.exe's I deleted earlier. Once again, I deleting them and the Adobe software is working as normal. So for now my Wacom Tablet is disconnected until I find out why it is causing these issues.

• 2. Re: why does my photoshop keep crashing?
            Pete.Green Adobe Employee

Could you provide more details of the issue Renakok?

Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Mac or Windows?

Have you tried the steps here? helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/cc-applications-crash-immediately-launch.html

Or you could troubleshoot using the tips on this page: blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issu es.html

Regards

Pete