1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 7:28 PM by A.T. Romano

Freezing and Lagging Timeline

jhillspa

The video in the timeline will not play through without lagging or freezing, making it nearly impossible to edit. I'm a high school teacher and this is my first time using Premiere Elements. I'm trying to get everything set up and running smoothly before student begin school. The footage is shot with a Panasonic GH4 (1920 x 1080, H.264). I'm using a Macbook Pro (2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris) to edit. Why is this program not running smoothly?

• 1. Re: Freezing and Lagging Timeline
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jhillspa

What version of Premiere Elements are you running on your Mac computer?

Is your 1920 x 1080 interlaced or progressive video, and what is the frame rate that you are using?

What is the file extension of the imported file which is presumed to use AVCHD (MPEG4 AVC/H.264) video compression?

What are you or the project setting as the project preset for the imported file? Please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the

readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio - even if they looked grayed out.

When you drag your file to the Timeline for the first time, does it have a orange line over the content or no colored line? Are you playing back

Timeline content with an orange line over it?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements and are you running both these programs from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? If you go to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime, do you see presets for the QuickTime choice?

Looking forward to your reply so that we customize a troubleshooting strategy for you to consider.

Thank you.

ATR