3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 9:01 PM by areohbee

Export a Collection Set

WhereOnEarth

Hi

I have created a collection set in one of my Lightroom catalogues which has a series of smart collections and embedded collection sets within it.  I use this in my workflow for improving productivity. I normally put a complete photo shoot into my workflow collection folder which then filter through the different smart collections,once I have geotagged them, starred them, developed them, until I am left with a series of processed images. All images are removed from the workflow at the end ready for the next photo shoot.

What I would like to do is export an entire collection set with all my embedded smart collection to enable me to use the workflow on different catalogs. I don't want to move the photos just the collections.

Is there any way I can do this? I have found methods for "export smart collection settings" but nothing for a complete set.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Export a Collection Set
          RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

Collection Sets cannot be exported in a conventional sense.

Right now, consider creating a Template Catalog.

Make a copy using the OS's file system of your Lightroom catalog you want to emulate.

Rename this copy to Template.LRCAT and store in a safe place.

Open Template.lrcat catalog in Lightroom

Remove all the images.

Clean up any keywords or collections you don't need.

Then, when you need to create a new catalog, copy Template to a new location, rename it, open it in Lightroom and use it with all your collections, sets, and keywords intact.

• 2. Re: Export a Collection Set
            WhereOnEarth Level 1

Sorry for the delayed response, but great suggestion.

Would love Adobe to add this functionality to future versions.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Export a Collection Set
              areohbee Level 5

WhereOnEarth wrote:

Would love Adobe to add this functionality to future versions.

Would you settle for Rob adding this functionality to present version?

See scripts:

* Export Collections and Sets

* Import Collections and Sets

in MiscLrScripts distribution (free): http://www.robcole.com/Rob/ProductsAndServices/MiscLrScripts

Note: you can export regular collections/sets and import into a publish service, or vice-versa.. - supports both regular and smart collections.

Rob