2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 6:46 PM by gwhPoster

Using a second blog for a testimonials page

gwhPoster Level 1

Hi,

I'm building a site for someone who will be purchasing the webMarketing hosting plan so I won't have access to any webApps. To get around this problem, I've created a second blog to be used to manage testimonials. I've created a page and have inserted the following module tag:

{module_blogpostlist,12775,3 template="/ModuleTemplates/Testimonials/testimonials-list-alt.tpl"}

The above references the testimonials blog with an ID of 12775 and it points to a custom list layout. When I test though by loading the html page, it shows the default list layout used for blogs under Module Templates and not my custom one.

I just wondered if anyone could tell me if it's actually possible to use an alternate list and detail layout for a second blog?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Using a second blog for a testimonials page
          madasafish77

Hi,

I've implemented this and a little video gallery as well using the blogs. Just make sure you are referencing the correct template file and that it's extension is .tpl and not html. You can see a live example here. Testimonials

Here is a copy of the code I used with pagination as well. You will need this to get the pagination working.

jPages

<script>

/* when document is ready */

$(function() {

/* initiate plugin */

$("div.holder").jPages({

containerID: "itemContainer",

perPage: 4

});

});

</script>

HTML

<div class="holder">

</div>

<ul id="itemContainer">

{module_blogpostlist,12460,100 template="/ModuleTemplates/WebApps/Testimonials/testimonials-test.tpl"}

</ul>

<hr />

<div class="holder">

Hope this helps

• 2. Re: Using a second blog for a testimonials page
            gwhPoster Level 1

Thanks so much for that code. That's exactly what I need and the paging works great. Also the path to the .tpl file was spelt incorrectly which is why it wasn't reflecting correctly.

Thanks again - I really appreciate it.