3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 11:38 PM by MatejKriz

Whish list: Sync also "custom" page sizes. Pleeease.

MatejKriz Level 1

In InDesign CC is feature to sync settings. It should be to syncing custom settings. But not all custom setting are synced.

For example when you define set of you custom page sizes like A1-6, B1-6, DL or any other custom formats (which you use when creating new document, or new alternative layout, etc) they are not synced. ( + there is no UI way to export/import them.)

Please add CUSTOM PAGE SIZES to sync.

Or dear colleagues adn InDesign fans in community, is there other easy way how to solve this?

• 1. Re: Whish list: Sync also "custom" page sizes. Pleeease.
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

File > Document Presets > Define...

Choose the ones you want to save and press the save button. On the new machine go to the same dialog and press the load button and navigate to your saved file.

• 2. Re: Whish list: Sync also "custom" page sizes. Pleeease.
            MatejKriz Level 1

Thank you for your answer. IMHO custom Document Presets are little bit different thing then what I mean with "custom page sizes":

ScreenClip[4].png

As I mentioned higher: when you are creating alternative layout, you can't select custom "document preset" but only from predefined or custom "page sizes".

ScreenClip[3].png

So this is why I want to Sync this.

This is an important feature, I think not only for me but for all users who works with alternative layouts. I do not understand how it is that no one has raised this issue yet.

• 3. Re: Whish list: Sync also "custom" page sizes. Pleeease.
              MatejKriz Level 1

Here Re: Custom Page Sizes is solution by roenoz, how to "sync" it manually.

1. Find directory "Page Sizes" (my contains one file "New Page Sizes.xml")
                MAC: [drive]:\ Users > Username > Library > Preferences > Adobe InDesign > [version] > [lang] >
                PC: [drive]:\ Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > InDesign > [version] > [lang] >
              2. @Copy directory "Page Sizes" to same directory in newer version location.

So when is this so easy, it should be peace of cake for devs to implement a check box to Syncing setting dialog, to let you sync custom page sizes too.