6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2007 5:24 PM by G-Rice1990

Any Advice

G-Rice1990
      I bought a template and it has three folder in their; html, psd, xhtmlcss.
      The problem is that i would love to use dreamweaver. So i click on the html and edit it with dreamweaver. but, the form comes in three colors and the default one is red. And i want it blue. How do i change it to blue. When i open up psd and open it up it also is red but i have to hide the red layer and then it turns blue. So i tried saving the blue template as a web from photoshop but it saves it as slices and its way to hard to edit through dreamweaver everything slice turns into like a jpg. Is their a way in dreamweaver to hide layers or something,
      So then people told me that i should use fireworks. So i opened up the html file and all you see is a bunch of small green boxes. Then i opened up the psd and it worked but the template looks way different. Like the pictures and lots of the words are missing. So i click on its layer and a transparent square comes up in its place as if its behind the background or something, So i click on it and put send to front and nothing happens. Anyone know what i should do .
        • 1. Re: Any Advice
          Level 7
          Where did you get the template?

G-Rice1990 wrote:
          > I bought a template and it has three folder in their; html, psd, xhtmlcss.
          > The problem is that i would love to use dreamweaver. So i click on the html
          > and edit it with dreamweaver. but, the form comes in three colors and the
          > default one is red. And i want it blue. How do i change it to blue. When i open
          > up psd and open it up it also is red but i have to hide the red layer and then
          > it turns blue. So i tried saving the blue template as a web from photoshop but
          > it saves it as slices and its way to hard to edit through dreamweaver
          > everything slice turns into like a jpg. Is their a way in dreamweaver to hide
          > layers or something,
          > So then people told me that i should use fireworks. So i opened up the html
          > file and all you see is a bunch of small green boxes. Then i opened up the psd
          > and it worked but the template looks way different. Like the pictures and lots
          > of the words are missing. So i click on its layer and a transparent square
          > comes up in its place as if its behind the background or something, So i click
          > on it and put send to front and nothing happens. Anyone know what i should do .
          >
          • 3. Re: Any Advice
            Level 7
            G-Rice1990 wrote:
            > http://www.4templates.com/view/website-templates/0/VA0235RD
            >

I found these two help guides on their site.....

Saving Slices from Website Template PSD Files
            http://tinyurl.com/yt8ucs

Changing the Colors of a Template
            http://tinyurl.com/yup587

You would want to open the jpeg/gif files in fireworks. Not the html.

SKB
            • 4. Re: Any Advice
              G-Rice1990 Level 1
              The template dosent come with and jpgs it does come with a .psd however but when i open it, it looks alot different than the original. Not everything shows. It looks like some of the writing and images are behind the main background because when i click on its layer it shows a square and when i click bring to front nothing happens.
              • 5. Re: Any Advice
                Level 1
                G-Rice1990,

I am having a bit difficult time following you, because you have said a lot of information at all once.

But what it appears to me that you are not fluency in HTML coding as in getting both of your hands under the hood under HTML... and eventually learning some CSS would be nice. As for changing the colors in form, without actually seeing the HTML/CSS source code myself, but I assume that it is being done with HTML *and* CSS together. To make it work and do things you want it to be with different kinds of color or such creativity outcome in your web pages, it is being done with HTML and CSS.

As for editing images of native Photoshop files as in .PSD format, it is to be edited in Photoshop. I don't know if you have Photoshop application installed on your machine. And I don't know which version of Fireworks you are currently working with.

Additionally, it is important for you, like other designers or web hobbyists, to understand the functionality of Dreamweaver (HTML editing application) and functionality of Fireworks (or Photoshop)... and understand the features or such stuff included in Dreamweaver and Fireworks or Photoshop.

As for templates files to be downloaded from sites, I think it is fair for me to say that you need to read the information on the requirement of applications or softwares to work with these templates. I am pretty sure that there are some "readme" notes attached along with these downloaded files on how to edit these files to your specific or requirement or perference.

Finally, when you ask for some help relating to HTML-related topic, it should be addressed at "general discussion" in Dreamweaver forums, where you would get some help very fast. As for web image (or web graphic) related topics, it can be posted here in general discussion in Fireworks forum.

As for transparency issue, it is a bit more technicality involved. Focus on the fundamentals of HTML/CSS and image editing application either with Fireworks or Photoshop. Once you understand how these apps works, and you can do bit of experiments and do some "lab" work around transparency stuff. Please note that transparency files do not work in JPG, only works in GIF or PNG. Not only that, but also can be done with some brilliant CSS coding as well.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Brian

quote:

Originally posted by: G-Rice1990
                I bought a template and it has three folder in their; html, psd, xhtmlcss.
                The problem is that i would love to use dreamweaver. So i click on the html and edit it with dreamweaver. but, the form comes in three colors and the default one is red. And i want it blue. How do i change it to blue. When i open up psd and open it up it also is red but i have to hide the red layer and then it turns blue. So i tried saving the blue template as a web from photoshop but it saves it as slices and its way to hard to edit through dreamweaver everything slice turns into like a jpg. Is their a way in dreamweaver to hide layers or something,
                So then people told me that i should use fireworks. So i opened up the html file and all you see is a bunch of small green boxes. Then i opened up the psd and it worked but the template looks way different. Like the pictures and lots of the words are missing. So i click on its layer and a transparent square comes up in its place as if its behind the background or something, So i click on it and put send to front and nothing happens. Anyone know what i should do .

• 6. Re: Any Advice
                  G-Rice1990 Level 1
                  i asked my computer teacher today and he to is having the same problem. Anyways i hosted up the template just extract it and look at it. See what you guys can do. See if you can fix it. What im trying to do is to make the template blue and be able to edit the text using dreamweaver here is the link:
                  http://rapidshare.com/files/26900052/CMO6VV6XIML0I8N_1.zip.html