5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 3:37 PM by areohbee

collection during import automatic in lightroom

Subsea Lorenzen

hey

is here a way to get lightroom to automatic create a collection set with the same name as the folder where the new photos are storred

cheers

• 1. Re: collection during import automatic in lightroom
          dj_paige Level 9

I don't think so. I also don't understand the reason for having a collection or collection set with the exact same contents as a folder, there seems to be no benefit to creating such a collection or collection set, as you could use the folder for the same purpose.

• 2. Re: collection during import automatic in lightroom
            Subsea Lorenzen Level 1

Well the idea was to have it so that all the high rated images would be easier to find

i take photos af horse riding events so i can easy shoot 1200 shoots in 1 day

i am trying to move away from aperture since apple killed it and there i had a project (collection) with a smart folder inside

i had a templet that i just used over and over agin and i was hoping to find a script or so that could do the same in lightroom also i would go straight to the iPad version aswell

but i will keeper looking for a way to do this

• 3. Re: collection during import automatic in lightroom
              dj_paige Level 9

I guess I don't understand ... you start by asking about collections, and then you have switched to high rated images, which is a different need

If you want an easy way to find high rated photos, you do not need a collection or folder, you can find them via the Filter Bar (use the backslash key or View->Show Filter Bar) and click on Attribute and then click on the number of stars you want to find, it's really very simple and flexible and doesn't require creating a collection or folder.

• 5. Re: collection during import automatic in lightroom
                areohbee Level 5

Subsea Lorenzen wrote:

Well the idea was to have it so that all the high rated images would be easier to find

There are plugins which do various things with collection sets, smart collections, mirroring disk folder hierarchy as collection sets... - but I would need to better understand what your aim is, before I could advise. For example, having a collection set which mirrors your folder hierarchy doesn't make it any easier to find high-rated images.

I mean, the ratings filter makes it easier to find high-rated images - have you tried that?

You also said:

Subsea Lorenzen wrote:

there i had a project (collection) with a smart folder inside

i had a templet that i just used over and over agin and i was hoping to find a script or so that could do the same in lightroom

Are you familiar with Lightroom's smart collections? There are "scripts" and such which may help to streamline, but at this point - I wouldn't know what to recommend.

Subsea Lorenzen wrote:

i would go straight to the iPad version aswell

Consider TreeSyncPublisher (free by me): you define one set of collections which may or may not include smart collections, which can be used (re-used) when publishing/exporting copies for website, ipad, iphone, ... - so you don't have to synchronize multiple publish collections...... - I'm finishing up to release a new version which will polish it up some more.. Again, there are other options which may be better suited to your circumstances - dunno, yet..

Rob