1 2 Previous Next 67 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2014 4:52 PM by A.T. Romano RSS

Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Rayo Community Member

Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception. Can’t burn to a folder either. Process finishes, but the folder is empty. The pc has 474 GB space. The 61 min video has some pictures 1000x750 pixels in size; (.m2ts and .mp4) files. Using DVD-R. What can I do?

• 1. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
          A.T. Romano Community Member

Rayo

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

When you get to the burn dialog, what does the Quality Area of the burn dialog list for Space Required and Bitrate?

Have you applied menu markers to the project's Timeline and a disc menu? If so, how many menu markers and what kind?

How many main menu pages? How many scene menu pages?

Please go back to the project's Timeline, expand the Timeline, and evaluate the spacing of menu markers if there are menu markers in this project.

Check the disc menu section to assure that you do not have any overlapping buttons.

Also, inspect the Timeline content for fragments scattered about the track content. Often they present as very thin black vertical lines scattered around

the track content. Check placement of transitions and titles. Look for gaps in Timeline.

Please review and consider and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
            Rayo Community Member

Hi.

I am Spanish speaker just in case. Mexico.

Please see my answers in bold below inserted in your text

Before that. Here is more info:

Can’t burn to a folder either. Process finishes, but the folder is empty.

My pc has 474 GB space. The 61 min video has some pictures 1000x750 pixels in size; and the video files are (.m2ts and .mp4). Using DVD-R.

Raymundo Sánchez-Aldana H.

[personal information removed... Mod - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

De: A.T. Romano

Enviado el: miércoles, 06 de agosto de 2014 08:56 p.m.

Para: RAYMUNDO SANCHEZALDANA

Asunto:  Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/6618749#6618749> View the full discussion

• 3. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Rayo

Thank you for the reply.

Were you able to translate what I wrote in post numbered 1? There is a Translate button at the bottom right of each post. Just do not combine English and Spanish in the one post. There has to be only one language in the post for the Translate button to work. Not sure why. But that is the way it seems to be.

Since you cannot burn your Timeline to disc or to folder, it sounds like the problem is probably in the Timeline content somewhere.

Please read again what I wrote in post numbered 1 about exploring the Timeline content. Have you done that? I will write more about that next

if necessary.

If you are having any problems in the communications, please let me know. I will re-write my suggestions if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                Rayo Community Member

Looks like my comments are not shown.

Here they are again:

1. I have Adobe Premiere Elements 12 and the OS is Windows 7, 64 bits
                2. No warning or note in burn dialog
                3. Yes, I applied 22 menu markers and a disc menu.
                4. it has one menu page and 6 scene menu pages. No everlaping.
                5. There are 2 menu markers very close to each other. Less than 60 sec between them.
                6. No gaps in Video 1. there are gaps on Audio 1 but covered by music I inserted in the sound track

Thank you

• 5. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Many thanks for the reply.

Please watch the menu markers so that they are not on top of one another...especially if you are dealing with stop markers near scene markers. Several frames away from one another should be OK. Just do not place a stop marker at the end of the last file on the Timeline. It is not needed there and causes many types of problems.

The usual problem focuses on fragments from moving/arranging clips in the Timeline. They typically present as very thin black vertical lines scattered among the track content. They are difficult to see. So you will need to move the Zoom out/Zoom in slider all the way to the right to expand the Timeline to the maximum so that you can see them. Often these fragments are at the end of the Timeline. A good way to catch them is to

a. move the Timeline Indicator to the beginning of the Timeline

then

b. press the End key of the computer keyboard - that should take you to the end of the Timeline content (last file). If the End Command takes the Timeline Indicator beyond the last file, then it is taking you to where a fragment exists.

Also, double check the placement of transitions.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                    Rayo Community Member

Thanks you for the reply.

ll go into these details now.

right. Or am I missing something?

Best,

Aldana H.

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

Enviado el: jueves, 07 de agosto de 2014 06:25 p.m.

Asunto:  Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6621583#6621583>

• 7. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Rayo

Thank you for your replies.

When I referred to transition placement....did you have any problems in setting a transition for "Between Clips" and was forced to place the transition at "Left Clip" or "Right Clip" which was not your first choice?

Also, when you get to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc or folder, what does it say in the burn dialog for Space Required and Bitrate before you hit the Burn button in the burn dialog?

Are you working with a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space" in the burn dialog?

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                        Rayo Community Member

Transition

Had no problem with it. Whenever I wanted to change the place after the default one, I just did it.

I don’t thing I got any advise on that but I double check it later, along with other issues you told me to check… I’ll do it later.

m working with a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space" in the burn dialog. Could I go to the extreme right position to gain quality?

you gave me, once I have a bit more time to do it. I may fix whatever I find wrong and maybe try to burn a DVD again and see.

Many, many thanks for your support.

Aldana H.

Enviado el: jueves, 07 de agosto de 2014 07:45 p.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6621866#6621866>

• 9. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Rayo

Thank you for considering the suggested troubleshooting.

Best to work with the check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space". When you do, the Quality Slider is not available for use.

The only time I use "Fit Content to Available Space" without the check mark next to it is when I get a Data Rate Error message

and have to use the Quality Slider to lower manually the Bitrate.

There are other troubleshooting steps we can do like deleting systematically from the Timeline content to determine the section of the program where

the problem may be. But, we will discuss that more next time after you look into the matters that we have already mentioned.

Looking forward to your learning of your progress when your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                            Rayo Community Member

Hi, again.

t burn the DVD this time after reviewing suggested troubleshooting.

Please consider this info.

1.      In the burn dialog for space required it said: Needed space: 3.94 GB (velocidad de bits 8.00bps)

2.      This is the first time I am using (.m2ts and .mp4 files) at the same time in the same project. In all previews projects that I have done, the video file format is (.mts) an had no problem.

was marked.

s next?

Best,

Enviado el: jueves, 07 de agosto de 2014 09:59 p.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6622061#6622061>

• 11. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Thank you for the reply. Sorry that the news was not better but let us see what we need to do to gain success.

Put the problem project aside for the moment.

Open a new project and import only the .mp4 source video. Do not do any edits of any kind.

What is the project preset determined by the program? Please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

Then try to do a burn to folder for that Timeline content to get the DVD-VIDEO widescreen files.

Does that go to successful completion?

If it does, then import the .m2ts video into the same project, same Timeline, placing it side by side with the .mp4 source video.

Do not do any edits of any kind.

Then try to do a burn to folder for that Timeline content to get the DVD-VIDEO widescreen files.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 12. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                Rayo Community Member

Will do. Give me two days..

Thanks.

Enviado el: domingo, 10 de agosto de 2014 12:57 p.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6627232#6627232>

• 13. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate you exploring the troubleshooting suggestions.

Your results will be welcomed whenever your schedule permits.

I am hoping that we can isolate the factor(s) responsible for your Premiere Elements workflow problems.

Best wishes

ATR

• 14. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                    Rayo Community Member

Hi.

The tests requested went fine, and I did two more:

•        .mp4 + .m2ts + picture JPEG

•        A mix of these three with no order.

They were all burned to folder. (first time I burned in folders)

The project preset determined by the program is:

Generales

Mode de edición:             HD 1080 i

Video   

Tamaño fotograma:                                     29.97 fotogramas/segundo

Proporción de aspecto de pixeles:            Pixeles cuadrados (1.0)

Campos:                                                          Campo superior primero

Formato de visualización:                            Codigo de tiempo de fotograma eliminado de 30 fps

Area de título seguro:                                  20 % horizontal 20% vertical

Area de acción segura:                                10 % both

Audio

Velocidad de muestreo:                               48000 Hz

Formato de visualización:                           Muestra de audio

Capturar

Formato de captura:                                    HDV

Procesador de video

“Unchecked”     Profundidad de bits máxima

Previsaulaizaciones

Formato de archivos:                                   I-Frame Only MPEG

Compresor:                                                    I-Frame MPEG

“Checked”                                                      Optimizar imagines fijas

What next?

Thanks,

Cel: +55 3522 7530

<mailto:rsanchezaldanah@hotmail.com> rsanchezaldanah@hotmail.com

Enviado el: domingo, 10 de agosto de 2014 12:57 p.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6627232#6627232>

• 15. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Great news about the burn to folder. We could use the Premiere Elements VIDEO_TS Folder in that saved folder as a route to the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with the help of the burn program called ImgBurn. http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

But, let us see if we can get the burn to disc DVD disc working so that you will not need the burn to folder workaround.

Now I would like you to repeat the same procedure but this time please use burn to disc DVD disc instead of burn to folder.

What I am trying to do here is to demonstrate that certain processes of the program/project are working.

If the burn to folder and burn to disc are working with your source media, then we look into the Timeline content structure.

In the end, just starting a new project may solve the problem. But, let us see how the burn to disc DVD works or does not work.

Thank you.

ATR

• 16. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                        Rayo Community Member

Okay.

Will do, today/tomorrow.

Thanks.

Enviado el: martes, 12 de agosto de 2014 11:51 a.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6633402#6633402>

• 17. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Rayo

Thanks for the follow ups.

Looking forward to your results and good news.

Best wishes

ATR

• 18. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                            Rayo Community Member

Hi,

I could burn direct to a DVD form the adobe premiere session.

What I burned is the last test (4th) described in my previews email: “A mix of these three with no order.”

So, what is next my friend?

Enviado el: sábado, 16 de agosto de 2014 04:20 p.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6646675#6646675>

• 19. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Thank you for the results.

Now we know that your Premiere Elements project can give you a successful burn to disc or burn to folder for DVD-VIDEO widescreen even when

you are using together .mp4, .m2ts, and jpg picutures.

Now start a new project, put everything together, edit, add menus, and burn to DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc.

If everything looked good before in the tests that you just did, then do whatever you did before.

There are lots of considerations that we can go back to fine tune for future projects, such as,

a. knowing the properties of your source media for the Timeline and setting the project preset manually to assure that the project preset

matches the properties of the source media

b. using photos cropped before import to 1920 x 1080 16:9

c. other

But, let us build on what you just did successfully. When you rebuild the project in the new project, if you come across anything that behaves

strangely, then stop and let me know.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks. Sounding good.

ATR

• 20. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                                Rayo Community Member

Hi.

There was a lot of postproduction work involved in this project.

Now we know what is not causing this.

Any idea of what is the root of the problem?

Could you walk me through to the way of making a copy of this project, please?

I´d like to do some tests on this copy on the transitions, menus, etc. parts. Any additional idea?

Thanks

Enviado el: sábado, 16 de agosto de 2014 10:25 p.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6647266#6647266>

• 21. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

If you want to explore the problem project, the following is a suggested way....

Make a copy of the problem project. To do that, go to the opened project's File Menu/Save A Copy/. In the Save Project dialog that opens, in Save In, name the location where you want to save the copy. And, in File Name, give the copy a new name.

The close the original problem project, open the copy of it, and work from that and one at a time look at different parts of the project...use the DVD-RW disc which can be overwritten when you do each test.

a. remove a file or groups of files (maybe all the added audio files, maybe next all the photo files, maybe all the titles, and so on)

b. remove transitions

c. remove Timeline markers

d. remove the Movie Menu

We will be watching for your progress. Please let me know if this latest information was what you were seeking.

Thank you.

ATR

• 22. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                                    Rayo Community Member

Hi, there.

Finally…

The Movie Menu is the problem. I removed it but not the menu markers and I could burn DVD and folder of the complete original session.

Now, I do want a Movie Menu installed –what should I do?

Thanks.

Enviado el: domingo, 17 de agosto de 2014 04:39 p.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6648855#6648855>

• 23. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Thank you for the troubleshooting update. And, great news that you were isolated the problem to the disc menu.

Now this is the information which will help to find out why for the disc menu problem....

With regard to the latest project that you worked on with and without disc menu....

1. How many menu markers do you have at this time

a. main menu marker

b. scene marker

c. stop marker

2. With all your menu markers placed, how many main menu pages and how many scene menu pages do you see in the

disc menu customization area?

3. What specific disc menu have you been using for this project? And, have you tried other disc menu themes?

4. In the disc menu that you have been using, have you customize it at all

a. inserted a new background, video or still

b. added or replaced the disc menu audio

c. moved buttons around

d. other

4. When the project includes your Timeline content, the Timeline markers, and disc menu (everything) and when you get

to the burn dialog, what does the Quality area of the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate?

5. When the project includes just your Timeline content and when you get to the burn dialog, what does the Quality area

of the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate?

The answers to all of the above should help us to troubleshoot the disc menu involvement in the burn to issue.

Thank you.

ATR

• 24. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                                        Rayo Community Member

HI,

I DID NOT MEKE IT WORK.

MAY ANSWERS IN CAPITAL.

1. How many menu markers do you have at this time – 20. NO CROSSOVERS.

a. main menu marker - 20

b. scene marker - NONE

c. stop marker - NONE

2. With all your menu markers placed, how many main menu –ONE- pages and how many scene menu pages do you see in the

disc menu customization area – 4 ?

3. What specific disc menu have you been using for this project? FIRST ONE: (1)“VIAJES” CATEGORY, “AVENTURA AL AIRE LIBRE” And, have you tried other disc menu themes? – YES, (2 & 3) MORE: “GENERALES” CATEGORY, “FALSA PANTALLA ANCHA” AND “DIVERSION”

4. In the disc menu that you have been using, have you customize it at all – IN (1), HIGH GRADE CUSTOMIZING; (2) JUST 1 PICTURE ADDED AND, (3) NONE.

a. inserted a new background, video or still – SAME AS Q4.

b. added or replaced the disc menu audio – SAME AS Q4.

c. moved buttons around – SAME AS Q4.

d. other - NONE

4. When the project includes your Timeline content, the Timeline markers, and disc menu (everything) and when you get

to the burn dialog, what does the Quality area of the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate? – NEEDED SPACE 3.83 GB (BIT SPEED 8.00 MBPS)

5. When the project includes just your Timeline content and when you get to the burn dialog, what does the Quality area

of the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate? – NEEDED SPACE 3.79 GB (BIT SPEED 8.00 MBPS)

PLEASE ADVICE

THANKS.

Enviado el: viernes, 22 de agosto de 2014 09:55 a.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6665014#6665014>

• 25. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Thanks for the additional results.

Please let us review the menu situation.

You wrote that you used the following menus and could not get a burn to disc when any one of them is used for the disc menu

Travel - Outdoor Adventure

General - Faux Widescreen

General - Fun

I need clarification on your Timeline markers... you wrote

20 main menu markers

0 scene menu markers

0 stop markers

1 main menu page

4 scene menu page

That is not possible. So, please let me know if there are some typing errors in the reply.

Consider....

scene markers are green

main menu markers are blue

stop markers are red

To get scene menu page(s), you need scene menu markers placed on the Timeline, but you say you have 0.

I think that you mean instead

0 main menu markers

20 scene menu markers

0 stop markers

• Travel/Outdoor Adventure has 4 scene buttons/scene page....at 20 scene markers...you should have 5 scene menu pages, each page with 4 scenes
                                                          • General/Faux Widescreen has 6 scene buttons/scene page..at 20 scene markers...you should have a total of 4 scene menu pages (3 scene pages with 6 scene buttons per page and 1 scene page with just 2 scene buttons
                                                          • General/Fun has 5 scene buttons/scene page....at 20 scene markers...you should have 4 scene menu pages, each page with 5 scenes

Do you see all of the above?

If you do, then we do this to narrow down the menu problem even further.

1. Remove all the scene menu markers from the Timeline. That will give you a Movie Menu with only 1 main menu page with its Play button.

2. Do not customize the main menu. Leave it as is.

3. Do you now get a burn to disc?

Thank you for your follow up on the troubleshooting. Appreciated.

ATR

• 26. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                                            Rayo Community Member

I'll get back to you on it this weekend.

Best,

From the mobile...

El 23/08/2014, a las 21:57, "A.T. Romano" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escribió:

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Thanks for the additional results.

Please let us review the menu situation.

You wrote that you used the following menus and could not get a burn to disc when any one of them is used for the disc menu

General - Fun

I need clarification on your Timeline markers... you wrote

20 main menu markers

0 scene menu markers

0 stop markers

1 main menu page

4 scene menu page

That is not possible. So, please let me know if there are some typing errors in the reply.

Consider....

scene markers are green

main menu markers are blue

stop markers are red

To get scene menu page(s), you need scene menu markers placed on the Timeline, but you say you have 0.

0 main menu markers

20 scene menu markers

0 stop markers

Travel/Outdoor Adventure has 4 scene buttons/scene page....at 20 scene markers...you should have 5 scene menu pages, each page with 4 scenes

General/Faux Widescreen has 6 scene buttons/scene page..at 20 scene markers...you should have a total of 4 scene menu pages (3 scene pages with 6 scene buttons per page and 1 scene page with just 2 scene buttons

General/Fun has 5 scene buttons/scene page....at 20 scene markers...you should have 4 scene menu pages, each page with 5 scenes

Do you see all of the above?

1. Remove all the scene menu markers from the Timeline. That will give you a Movie Menu with only 1 main menu page with its Play button.

3. Do you now get a burn to disc?

Thank you for your follow up on the troubleshooting. Appreciated.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6668599#6668599

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 27. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Hope all is going better.

We will be watching for further news of your Premiere Elements projects when your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR

• 28. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                                                Rayo Community Member

HI, MY COMMENTS BELOW:

You wrote that you used the following menus and could not get a burn to disc when any one of them is used for the disc menu – YES, THE 3 OF THEM

General - Fun

I need clarification on your Timeline markers... you wrote – TO CLARIFAY:

20 main menu markers – I HAVE 0 (BLUE)

0 scene menu markers – I HAVE 20 (GREEN), MARCADOR DE MENÚ

0 stop markers – I HAVE 0 (RED)

1 main menu page – IT’S CORRECT, MENU PRINCIPAL

4 scene menu page – I HAVE 5, MENU ESCENAS 1 TO 5

That is not possible. So, please let me know if there are some typing errors in the reply. IT WAS LANGUEGE BARRIER.

Consider....

scene markers are green - NOTED

main menu markers are blue - NOTED

stop markers are red - NOTED

0 main menu markers - CORRECT

20 scene menu markers – CORRECT

0 stop markers - CORRECT

*     Travel/Outdoor Adventure has 4 scene buttons/scene page....at 20 scene markers...you should have 5 scene menu pages, each page with 4 scenes – I GOT THEM AS THE PRESENT CONFIGURATION.

*     General/Faux Widescreen has 6 scene buttons/scene page..at 20 scene markers...you should have a total of 4 scene menu pages (3 scene pages with 6 scene buttons per page and 1 scene page with just 2 scene buttons – I DELETED IT TO USE Travel/Outdoor Adventure

*     General/Fun has 5 scene buttons/scene page....at 20 scene markers...you should have 4 scene menu pages, each page with 5 scenes – I DELETED TO USE General/Faux Widescreen Do you see all of the above? – IS EE THE FIRST ONE AND I MUST HAVE SEEN THE OTHER TOO AS WELL.

3. Do you now get a burn to disc? – NEGATIVE. I GOT THE SAME UNKNOWN EXCEPTIION SIGN.

PLEASE WHAT NEXT?

Enviado el: sábado, 23 de agosto de 2014 09:58 p.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6668599#6668599>

• 30. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Thanks for your follow up. I have been thinking about what next.

We seem faced with the problem that

a. you can do burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD for your Timeline content, but not Timeline content plus Disc Menus (even one main menu). So, I do not believe we have evidence for a video format compatibility issue.

b. we have cut the project down to Timeline content, no menu markers, and just a Main Menu, and still no burn to disc or folder.

But, your original project is large and your message translated appears to be a Run TIme type error by nature. Yet you have your Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 7 64 bit which should give you enough computer resources to complete the project as you have described it.

Please remind me if you have done any of the following yet:

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists.

Follow the path carefully and do not get distracted by "12.0"....only the 12.0 Folder in the Premiere Elements Folder which is in the Adobe Folder and so on.

Also be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path given.

2. If that does not resolve the problem, then

a. Deactivate the program from an opened project using Help Menu/Sign Out. Close out of there.

b. Uninstall the program in the Control Panel/Programs.

c. Run the free ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of any leftovers from incomplete installs and uninstalls.

d. Reinstall the program with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

3. Open your full project and go for the burn to folder Folder (4.7 GB). Make sure all your Scratch Disks are directed to save locations with a lot of

free hard drive space.

Let us see if any of the above has any effect on the project. From your latest results, it looks like the difference between success and no success is one main menu page (no menu markers). That should not be the case, especially when you have used 3 different menus.

We will be watching for your results.

Many thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 31. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                                                    Rayo Community Member

Noted. Will do.

So you know. While waiting for your last feedback, this is what I did with another project:

•        Duration: 35 min.

•        The files are .mts   I’ve burned many of this type.

•        I used another new menu: Generales, Cubo de Imagenes. One main menu and three scene menus.

•        I could not make it. Same error.

I’ll remove the menu and leave the manu markers tomorrow, and try to burn a dvd.

I’ll work on your measurements in the next 10 days and keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Enviado el: martes, 02 de septiembre de 2014 05:18 p.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6695565#6695565>

• 32. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                                                      Rayo Community Member

About what you want me to remain you:

“1”. No, I have not delete the APE Prefs file , nor the whole 12.0 Folder where it exists. I followed your instructions to get to the 12.0 Folder but did not find it. I looked around but did not find it either. The only 12.0 Folder I found is that where the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files, Almacenamiento automático de Adobe Premiere Elements, Encoded Files, Layouts, etc. files are, besides the names of the projects I did/I am doing now. No Prefs file found there.

Do you want me to go to option “2”? …or what do you suggest?

Enviado el: martes, 02 de septiembre de 2014 05:18 p.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6695565#6695565>

• 33. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Not ready to go to option 2 yet.

Let us find the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and delete it, and, if necessary, delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which exists.

You will not be able to see the path to this if you do not have Folder Option set for Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.

Click on the Start button of your Windows 7 64 bit computer. In the Search field above the start button, type in Folder Options.

Now look to the top of that left side column. You should now see the words "Folder Options".

Click on the words "Folder Options" to open the Folder Options dialog.

In the Folder Options dialog, click on the View tab.

The View tab has many entries. Scroll down the list until you reach "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives". Make sure it is selected.

Then close out of there.

Open Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and follow the path

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in that 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 12.0 Folder that the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists in.

If the above does not work then we will think about option 2 described in post numbered 30 of your thread.

Do you have the Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker on your Windows 7 64 bit computer. Depending on the results from option 1 and 2, we may look into using them to get your project to DVD-VIDEO on DVD with menus for troubleshooting purposes. But, at this time, just thinking about it.

Thank you for the follow ups.

ATR

• 34. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                                                          Rayo Community Member

Of course, you told me about the hidden files. Me bad.

I did both: Delete the APE Prefs and try burning a DVD,  and, delete the 12.0 Folder where APE Prefs are, and try burning a DVD, and nothing… got the same error sign.

Do I go to “2”?

I suppose I won’t lose any project, right?

Best,

Enviado el: viernes, 05 de septiembre de 2014 10:31 p.m.

created by  <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements -  <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6705575#6705575> View the full discussion

• 35. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Thanks for deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and the 12.0 folder in which it existed.

It is time for the

Deactivation from with an opened project - Help Menu/Sign Out...close out of the project/program.

Deactivation is not the same as uninstall. So, next...

Uninstall the program using the Control Panel way

Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - Download

Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Once you are back in the Expert workspace of the newly installed Premiere Elements 12, go to Help Menu/Update to install the 12.1 Update.

Please remind me - do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12/12.1?

Double check to assure that you have right clicked the desktop icon for the program, select Run As Administrator.

Best wishes

ATR

• 36. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                                                              Rayo Community Member

Are you still there?

De: Raymundo Sánchez-Aldana Hernández 

Enviado el: sábado, 06 de septiembre de 2014 08:30 p.m.

Para: jive-1604896714-1q8ll-2-3zq1z@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Asunto: RE:  Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

Of course, you told me about the hidden files. Me bad.

I did both: Delete the APE Prefs and try burning a DVD,  and, delete the 12.0 Folder where APE Prefs are, and try burning a DVD, and nothing… got the same error sign.

Do I go to “2”?

I suppose I won’t lose any project, right?

Best,

Enviado el: viernes, 05 de septiembre de 2014 10:31 p.m.

created by  <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements -  <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6705575#6705575> View the full discussion

• 37. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.

How are you? From your message, it sounds like you have not gotten to the following uninstall/reinstall mentioned in post numbered 30

a. Deactivate the program from an opened project using Help Menu/Sign Out. Close out of there.

c. Run the free ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of any leftovers from incomplete installs and uninstalls.

3. Open your full project and go for the burn to folder Folder (4.7 GB). Make sure all your Scratch Disks are directed to save locations with a lot of

free hard drive space.

You should not lose your projects if all you do is the steps above. Under no circumstances, move, delete, or rename any of the folders and files that you imported into the project(s). That will give you a terrible time from which to recover.

Have we gotten to any point recently where we came close to burning anything to DVD disc with Premiere Elements? I will keep a positive thought on "step 2".

ATR

• 38. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                                                                  Rayo Community Member

Hola.

I’ve been busy.

I just signed out yesterday.

I'll work on this shortly.

I’ll get back to you soon.

Thanks.

From the mobile...

El 14/09/2014, a las 22:39, "A.T. Romano" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escribió:

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

How are you? From your message, it sounds like you have not gotten to the following uninstall/reinstall mentioned in post numbered 30

free hard drive space.

You should not lose your projects if all you do is the steps above. Under no circumstances, move, delete, or rename any of the folders and files that you imported into the project(s). That will give you a terrible time from which to recover.

Have we gotten to any point recently where we came close to burning anything to DVD disc with Premiere Elements? I will keep a positive thought on "step 2".

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6730145#6730145

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 39. Re: Can´t burn to a DVD. Process went up to 98 % and then rejected the disc. The message is “error en tiempo de ejecución: Unknown exception.
                                                                                    Rayo Community Member

Hi, this is what I did:

a) I downloaded both files:

PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64.7z

PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64

b) I disable window firewall and the Microsoft security Essentials

c) When executing the second (PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64) I get this notification:

A PROBLEM OCURRED WHEN GETTING SOME FILES. VERIFY THE ABALIBLE SPACE IN THE PC  AND THE WRITING PRIVILEGES ON THE FOLDER OF DESTINY.

d) I did noting with the first one (PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64.7z)

However, an Adobe Premier Elements 12 folder appeared on the desk.

What do I do?

Enviado el: domingo, 14 de septiembre de 2014 10:40 p.m.

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6730145#6730145>

1 2 Previous Next