3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 4:12 PM by A.T. Romano

Blue Ray disk created using premiere 10 does not show menus

Akalank

I have a video project with a main menu and  5 scene menus. I burn the project (using premiere Elements 10) to a Blue-ray disc using preset H.264 1920x1080i PAL Dolby  with quality option set to "Fit Contents to available space" . The software happily creates the disc with 17.6GB of data (main stream, 00000.m2ts is 18,413,568 KB (17.5GB) and 6 small streams for main & scene menus.

However, when this disc is reinserted into the drive, it does not automatically start with the main menu.

If I burn the same project to a DVD with PAL_Widescreen_DolbyDVD preset with quality option set to "Fit Contents to available space", it creates the DVD which, when reinserted into the drive, starts automatically with the main menu.

The environment is Wndows 7  64bit with SONY BD RW BWU-500S ATA Device .

What do I need to do to get the Blue Ray disc to start with the main menu?

Killy

• 1. Re: Blue Ray disk created using premiere 10 does not show menus
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Akalank

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on? Just background information for now.

Have you tried to play back your Premiere Elements 10 Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc (with menus) using a Blu-ray player?

What specific computer player are you using for the play back of the Premiere Elements 10 Blu-ray disc (with menus)? I believe that therein

resides your issues. Not all computer players support menu playback. Some might for DVD-VIDEO but not Blu-ray and some not at all. Some need

specific adjusts to use the menus.

Please supply more details, and we will sort through the details to the answer.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Blue Ray disk created using premiere 10 does not show menus
            Akalank Level 1

Dear ATR,

As mentioned, it's a Windows 7, 64bit.

Unfortunately I don't have a Blue ray player. So couldn't try that test. I may be able to test it soon though.

I tried VLC media player ver. 2.1.5.  It simply plays the video ...doesn't start with menu.

I also have the default Windows Media Player ver. 12.0.7601.18150 and is the one used to autoplay DVD's.

Like you said, what I need is specific adjusts to use the menus for Blue ray discs.

Thanks,

Killy

• 3. Re: Blue Ray disk created using premiere 10 does not show menus
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Killy

Thanks for the reply.

Any day now I am intending to update the following blog post dealing with the type of computer Blu-ray playback situation that you are facing, but I have not gotten to it yet.

Please review the blog post. It will give an idea of some of the issues involved.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Blu-ray Computer Playback and More

Please look at the Media Player Classic HC x64.

The VCL player description is for 2.0.8, 32 bit, the latest non beta version at the time (August 2013). But the principles should hold up in later versions of the VCL Player.

I should have updates on my 2013 observations soon.

ATR