Importing HD widescreen file into Adobe Prtemiere version 10

Redwhine

Hello to you!

We encounter problems in playing HD-movies in Adobe Premiere, version 10

The movies are made by 2 camera's:

1. Canon Powershot SX240, frames p.s. 23,976

2. Casio Exilim ZR200, frames p.s. 29,97

Both camera's are based upon Quicktime and MPEG4

With these camera's we make HD movies (1920 x 1080) and both in wide screen frame.

The problem now is that I cannot find any setting within Adobe Premiere which meets these requirements in order to compose a DVD consisting of these movie files.

Another problem is that the final DVD will consist of movies with different frames per second as a result of these 2 camera's, and so, how do I manage this within the settings of Adobe Premiere?

If we upload a file of no matter which camera (setting NTSC, 1080I), all we can hear is the noise and  only one still image, so no movie is running. On the other hand, if we choose for the general setting of "DV /  wide format screen" , we can see the movie on the preview screen but the quality is poor probably due to the lack of HD settings?

I do hope that someone can help us, we spent days to solve this problem, searched on the Internet but until now we just don't know how to manage this problem.

Looking eagerly forward to your advices and help,

Geri Onderweegs, The Netherlands

• 1. Re: Importing HD widescreen file into Adobe Prtemiere version 10
          Richard M Knight Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is it Premiere you are using or Premiere Elements, they have a different forum.

• 2. Re: Importing HD widescreen file into Adobe Prtemiere version 10
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Redwhine

I am assuming that you are using Premiere Elements 10. On what computer operating system it is running?

It is critical that you tell us what video card/graphics card your computer is using? Is it a NVIDIA GeForce card? If so, stop and read

the Announcement at the top of this forum on the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue. The Announcement tells it all, description of

the problem and how to resolve it. If your computer is using a NVIDIA GeForce card, it is likely that you will have to roll back the driver version to about May 2013 to get Premiere Elements 10 to work without problems.

Please respond to that question while I am writing the details on how to deal with the setup, editing, and export of your Timeline content to DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc. Please also confirm that your burn to is to DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc and not AVCHD format on DVD disc. With your mention of "DV", I am assuming that the intended burn to is to DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc.

More details and questions to come.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Importing HD widescreen file into Adobe Prtemiere version 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Redwhine

First, assure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 10.

And, also assure that you are running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.

After reviewing the details of your source media, my suggestions are these....

You appear to be in a PAL area, but you are referring to NTSC frame rate of 29.97. Please explain. For now, I will continue

from an NTSC perspective....

Open Premiere Elements 10 and set the project preset to

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30

When you are ready for the burn to NTSC DVD-VIDEO Widescreen Screen on DVD disc, then

Publish+Share

Disc

DVD disc

with preset = NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby.

If import the Casio and then the Canon video. Assure that they fit the space in the Edit area monitor provided by the selection

of the project preset. There should be a fit.

I am not seeing that you have another alternative based on:

Source Media

Canon 1920 x 1080 at 23.976 progressive frames per second (H.264.mov)

Casio 1920 x 1080 at 30 progressive frames per second (AVCHD "MPEG4 AVC/H.264".mov)

coupled with the fact that the Premiere Elements burn to presets do not allow for customization.

Whatever the Timeline content...burn to end product in this example...

NTSC 720 x 480 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second (for display after encoding 856 x 480)

compare to

PAL 720 x 576 16:9 @ 25 interlaced frames per second (for display after encoding 1056 x 576).

Please review and consider this post as well as my previous post numbered 2 and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Importing HD widescreen file into Adobe Prtemiere version 10
                Redwhine Level 1

Hello ATR!

Thanks a lot for your very fast reply!

We use Adobe Premiere Elements version 10 as you assumed correctly and replying to your questions we have 2 computers:

nr.1: one month old, W8.1,128 SSD incl. the O.S. and  Adobe Pr., 256 SSD that includes the data, 8GB MEM, 1TB disk, GeForce GTX 645

nr.2: 2 years old, W7, 8GB MEM,1TB disk , GeForce GT 530

These 2 GeForce cards aren't listed in the issue about GeForce so we assume that this won't be the reason for our problems.

You stated correctly that we are in a PAL area. The reason that I choose for NTSC is because I cannot find a PAL-setting for the Casio-film with a framespeed of 29,97 p.s.

When I make a project according to your advice (NTSC/DSLR/1080P/DSLR1080P30 OR 29,97) I can upload a Casio-film  but it isn't running allthough I can hear the sound.

When I change these projectsettings into NTSC/DSLR/1080p/DSLR1080P24 for uploading a Canon Powershot film (speed 23,97), nothing happens and the film is not playing.

All together, whatever I tried and figured out, in both computers  the Casio films are not running in Ad. Pr. 10 neither in the edit screen or the pre-view screen. I could send you  a small film just for testing purposes?

AS to the Canon films, if I make a projectsetting of  NTSC/Harddisk/fullHD1080i30, the Canon film is running but the quality isn't to good AND the film is not playing in the edit screen.

Burning to DVD will come later, if we, with your help, will be able to sort things out and then we will keep your advices in mind!

I hope I answered all your questions and am looking forward to your reply!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Redwhine

The Netherlands

• 5. Re: Importing HD widescreen file into Adobe Prtemiere version 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Redwhine

Thanks for the reply.

Your situation fits the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue syndrome.

What you read is just a sampling  NVIDIA GeForce cards involved.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

and especially included in the above

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

If you have Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card (up to date), then you definitely should have a Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce problem. The NVIDIA GeForce GT530 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 would definitely be included in the troubleshooting. It is highly unlikely that you have escaped the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce problem especially when you present the issues that you do. So, please double check.

I suspect the driver version roll back (as unwanted as it is) will be your answer.

For Windows 7 64 bit with Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce GT530

Please roll back the driver version to 320.18, dated May 23, 2013

GT530.JPG

For Windows 8.1 64 bit with Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce GTX645

Please roll back the driver version to 327.23 dated September 19, 2013. It may not be old enough, but I see no version earlier.

The whole idea is to roll back the driver until you find one what works with Premiere Elements 10. The situation is as how has been

described to you.

GTX645.JPG

I believe that we go in non productive detours if you do not start here and explore this likely possibility to its fullest.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

I would be glad for the opportunity to receive a copy of the files involved. I have Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Both computers use Intel HD Graphics. If you decide you want to send samples, please consider sending them via a Droplink in a reply in this forum.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Importing HD widescreen file into Adobe Prtemiere version 10
                    Redwhine Level 1

Hello ATR!

First of all thanks a lot for your help. Now the W7 computer works just fine after having installed the older driver as you adviced..

The W8.1 computer is not so happy,  It seems that there is no older driver then the one which is orginally built in this computer, the 327.02 for the GTX 645. Unless you have another idea to solve this problem,  we probably might  buy the new version, I guess that's 12,  of Adobe Premiere Elements

What's your opinion?

Redwhine

• 8. Re: Importing HD widescreen file into Adobe Prtemiere version 10
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Redwhine

Good news about Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce roll back on Windows 7 64 bit.

Not so good news about Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue when Windows 8.1 64 bit.

If history repeats itself, Adobe should be releasing a new version of Premiere Elements at the end of September 2014. No one but Adobe knows the feature set for the new version. Any information about a new version is typically made public only at the moment of release of that new version.

The only consistent fix for Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue has been the roll back of the driver version to about May 2013.

I would first contact NVIDIA to see if its has any information about using earlier drivers in Windows 8.1 64 bit. I am wondering if it would appalled to consider trying the card's Windows 7 64 bit driver version counterpart  in Windows 8.1 64 bit?

Whatever your decision about video editor, please evaluate the tryout in your computer environment to assure its compatibility.

We will be watching for further happenings.

Thanks for the follow up. Appreciated.

ATR

• 9. Re: Importing HD widescreen file into Adobe Prtemiere version 10
                        Redwhine Level 1

Hello ATR!

Sorry for the delay in response but we have been away7 for a couple of days.

Back to our problem, we were not able to find an older driver for the Windows 8 computer, allthough we posted a queston on the Nvidia forum. So there was no other choice then buying version 12 of Adobe Premiere Elements (we didn´t want to wait for the version to come) and now, all runs smoothly, on the W8 machine as well on the W7 machine allthough the last one didn't have problems with the  version 10 once installed an older video driver.

I wish to thank you for your help and  your fast reactions to our questions, thanks again!

Redwhine

• 10. Re: Importing HD widescreen file into Adobe Prtemiere version 10
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Redwhine

Thanks for the update and the great news that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Please update 12 to 12.1 Update via a project's Help Menu/Update. Version 12 had a nuisance Text Style issue in the Expert workspace only which was fixed in the 12.1 Update. There may be some additional perks to the 12.1 Update.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/03/pe12-update-121-released.html

Best wishes

ATR