I recently upgraded to Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. I have 45 pages of medical records; part of the record contain printed text and other parts contain handwriting. These records are in a PDF format and have been OCR'd. I want to highlight portions of the handwritten text but I can't. Thoughts?
Handwritten text doesn't have any font, so mostly it remains as image after OCR in Acrobat.
As a workaround to highlight the text, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the file in Acrobat.
2. Go to Comments -> Drawing Markups
3. Select "Rectangle" tool and draw the area on the image.
4. Now, Right Click with the box and select Properties.
5. Under "Appearance" tab set the "Fill Color" as yellow and change the "Opacity" level as per your convenience.