4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 2:26 PM by dwMaui

Need help with Javascript for Auto Tab

dwMaui

Using Acrobat X Standard -- I tried using the information from PlanetPDF to get the Auto Focus to go to the next field.

The Fields are named Directions and Directions2.  I put this on the Directions field --   AutoTab(this, event, "Directions2");    -- where it said it was to go but it isn't working.  The computer just dings when I hit the limit.  Currently the field is using Comb but tried turning it off just to see if that was the problem and it still didn't work.  I tried saving and using Adobe Reader (instead of preview) to see if it worked and it still didn't.

autotab.JPG

Any ideas on what I need to check?  I am not well versed in Javascript so thought I would check to see if someone could assist.

Thanks for any help

• 1. Re: Need help with Javascript for Auto Tab
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Did you examine the various field properties?

Look at the "Maximum Number of Characters" and what that relationship is to the entry field's data.

The PlanetPDF code also performs a numeric value key stroke validation. The the "dings" are because the value you are entering is not a number or decimal point character.

Did you adjust for this?

• 2. Re: Need help with Javascript for Auto Tab
            dwMaui Level 1

The field is set for 71 characters.  I was just typing 1234567890 over and over until I got to the end.  It dings when the character limit is reached.

Nothing is set to validate and it is not calculating.  It is currently set on Comb for 71 characters -- which unfortunately I have to use the Comb as it is required for the client.  I don't know if that will keep it from working or not but that is where I am at right now.

• 3. Re: Need help with Javascript for Auto Tab
              gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Did add the document level script?

Can you post a link to your form?

If you are using the comb field, there should be no need for autotab unless there are several comb fields to jump to.

• 4. Re: Need help with Javascript for Auto Tab
                dwMaui Level 1

Well technically this code wouldn't work for what I need anyway since the field is alpha-numeric.  It is a comb field because that is how the client wants it.  The field is a multi-line field similar to like a Comments type field.  I was trying to make it so when they type to the end of the line, it will automatically move them to the next line.

IF you have any ideas, I appreciate the help but I don't want to take up a bunch of your time.  As I said, I haven't worked with javascript in a long time and was never very well versed in it.

Here is a link to the document  https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhslgf81zmb660b/Page%201%20Res.pdf