4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2014 7:30 AM by Feminho Diniz

Several troubles after update InDesign CC to InDesign CC 2014

Feminho Diniz Level 1

Hello,

Since i updated all the company Adobe InDesign CC to Adobe InDesign CC 2014 a lot of files started to get corrupted and the software doesn't seems to work well. For a several times i had to reinstall the software in some machines, i had lose the preferences and for a couple times the InDesign just not open correctly and get closed right before. Last day i had to delete all the user's account information at c:\ and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ->SOFTWARE->Microsoft->Windows NT-> Current Version->ProfileList at the machine to fix a problem that came for the second time in a month at the company . However, in Adobe InDesign CC i did not had the same problem. None of them. Some one have the knowledge of any instability on this version?

All the machines have Dell motherboard, Core i3, 6Gb with ATI Radeon HD 4550 video card or better. it couldn't be hardware.

I'm the I.T. guy here and it's making me work twice as normal .

tnx!

P.S.: I'm Brazilian . Sorry if i've wrong the english

• 1. Re: Several troubles after update InDesign CC to InDesign CC 2014
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You're an IT guy and upgraded an entire company without running tests for a couple of weeks?

An i3 is probably not recommended for this sort of work, but I doubt that's the root cause of the problem. Most problems turn out to be configuration or or software conflicts and without more specific information about waht you are doing when a problem comes up and exactly what happens we can't really help more.

• 2. Re: Several troubles after update InDesign CC to InDesign CC 2014
            Feminho Diniz Level 1

as I've said, there is several problems but the most inconvenient is the constant file corruption. When it is the problem we usually get it back to a last version or slit the file in blocks of page to see if the problem is some linked image or some thing else like it. With InDesign CC we had problems with folders permission because of long path names.

when the problem is with InDesign, at the first we make a system repair. if the problem persist, we reinstall the software. it is the usual, but as I've said, it is not a single problems. is seems to be unstable or something. that's what I am looking for: there is someone that know about a real instability in the InDesign CC 2014 or it should be something else?

we stay with the latest version of InDesign CC installed in all machines, could be software conflict? we do not use it anymore, but if the problems persist we'll going back to this. what do you guys recommend?

• 3. Re: Several troubles after update InDesign CC to InDesign CC 2014
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Constant file corruption isn't terribly descriptive. Are you saying these files will no longer open after you edit them?

Are older files being opened directly into a newer version of ID? That, in my opinion, is not a reliable workflow any longer. Instead, convert the files to .idml in the original version and open that. If that's not possible, export to .idml as the first step after opening a legacy file, then open that and save as .indd with a new name. Do not overwrite your legacy files.

• 4. Re: Several troubles after update InDesign CC to InDesign CC 2014
                Feminho Diniz Level 1

ok, let me be more specific

some files are getting damaged and when we try to open it in ID 2014 the ID crashes and get closed. Even if the file is opened on another computer. Some times we just get it back to a older version but, in some situations (for example, when we have to close the material and send to another company print urgently) it doesn't fits

i'll try to convert some the files to .idml and open in ID 2014 to see if it's works.

Thanks for your help