5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2014 10:27 AM by A.T. Romano

how to remove subject on video

Angus-Y

I taped one kid concert but some parents walked in my way for 3 seconds, how can I remove these unwanted subject on my video from APE 12 ?

• 1. Re: how to remove subject on video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Angus-Y

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

How much of the frame do these people take up? It is small enough that you can insert a Picture in Picture Effect to replace them with this type of cover?

Can you simply cut out the 3 seconds from the video?

I think today's expression for this type of thing is photobombing, I guess videobombing in this case. Depending on the location of the people, you could do a depth of field type of thing with Track Matte where they are blurred out while your person of interest is in full focus.

The details of the circumstance will direct the plans to save the 3 seconds of the video.

ATR

• 2. Re: how to remove subject on video
            Angus-Y Level 1

I'm on APE 12, Windows 7.

Picture in Picture is a good idea.  I'm just wondering if APE 12 may have Award-Content fill feature like Photoshop.

• 3. Re: how to remove subject on video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Angus-Y

Thanks for the reply.

No Content Aware feature in Premiere Elements (any version), but that gave me an idea...either great idea or major dud....what if you created a 3 second freeze frame of the area involved? Then took that freeze frame into Photoshop Elements 12 or Photoshop Content Aware Fill. Then move the edited freeze frame back in place in the video in Premiere Elements, adjust duration as needed....????? Not sure if it can be done so it does not look like a stopped motion.

When your schedule permits, please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: how to remove subject on video
                Angus-Y Level 1

Great, this is a wonderful idea, will check it out.  Thanks again.

• 5. Re: how to remove subject on video
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Angus-Y

I have not had a chance to try out my idea so your results will be very interesting.

Best wishes

ATR