5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2014 3:38 PM by A.T. Romano

Play clips in reverse

KLN10E

Is is possible to have a video clip and play/save in your project going reverse? I a using Premiere 12

Basically I have a project and within that project I have 1 clip I would like to have it play in reverse. Is that possible?

• 1. Re: Play clips in reverse
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kin10e

Premiere Elements 12 on what computer operating system?

Please explore the following...

Right click the Timeline video clip, select Time Stretch from the pop up menu, and, in the Time Stretch dialog, place a check mark next to

"Reverse Speed".

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Play clips in reverse
            KLN10E Level 1

Thanks for the quick response. Operating system IMAC OS X v 10.9.4. I right clicked on the the video clip and I do not see the option of time stretch. I also looked under timeline and do not see that option either not sure what I am missing.

Went back and looked and if I am in expert mode I do see the time stretch and option of reverse... Thank you and appreciate your time !!!

Kevin

• 3. Re: Play clips in reverse
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Kevin

In Premiere Elements 12 Windows Expert workspace (not Quick workspace), Time Stretch can be found

1. Right click of Timeline video and selection of Time Stretch from the pop up menu that appears

Right.jpg

Also, in Expert workspace

Under Tools Menu at top of Expert workspace or Tools Tab at bottom of Expert workspace.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, but I have never heard of Time Stretch as a Windows Only.

If the right click route, does not work in Mac, then place look under Tools Menu or Tools Tab, but not Timeline Menu.

Please review and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Play clips in reverse
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Kevin

Thanks for the follow up and good news that you are moving forward with Time Stretch in Premiere Elements 12 Mac. Great job.

If you have not already, please update 12 to 12.1 via a project's Help Menu/Update. It will help especially with Text Styles issues

specific to Expert workspace.

You may be facing

a. Windows only features

b. Expert workspace options that are not available in Quick workspace

c. other

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: Play clips in reverse
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Kevin

I think that I got out of sync in the replies.

Think we are OK now.

ATR