7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2014 2:37 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Video Freezes After One Frame

Gameman625

Hi, so my Adobe product worked PERFECT for about a year now, then all of a sudden it just broke, When I put a file into it, it shows the First Frame and Freezes, the Audio plays as if the Video was showing, but the Video is just frozen. I don't know how to fix it, I've uninstalled and re-installed it, but nothing is helping.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Video Freezes After One Frame
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gameman625

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on, and what video card/graphics card

does your computer use? NVIDIA GeForce?

If so, please read the Announcement at the top of this forum regarding the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA issue

which forces the Premiere Elements 10 user to roll back the driver version to about May 2013 in order to get

Premiere Elements 10 to function properly. For your convenience, the following is a copy/paste of that

Announcement which describes the problem, gives how to information, and all the necessary details.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

If you are a Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card and you

are experiencing Premiere Elements 10 display and/or unexplained program behavior, then your first line of

troubleshooting needs to be rolling back the video card driver version instead of assuring that it is up to date.

Since October 2013 to the present, there have been a growing number of reports about display and unexplained

workflow glitches specific to the Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer has a NVIDIA GeForce

video card. If this applies to you, then the “user to user” remedy is to roll back the NVIDIA GeForce video card

driver as far as is necessary to get rid of the problems. The typical driver roll back has gone back as far as

March – July 2013 in order to get a working Premiere Elements 10. Neither NVIDIA nor Adobe has taken any

corrective action in this regard to date, and none is expected moving forward.

Since October 2013, the following thread has tried to keep up with the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA reports

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

Older NVIDIA GeForce drivers can be found

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

A February 2014 overview of the situation as well as how to use the older NVIDIA GeForce drivers for the

driver roll back can be found

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

______________________________________________________________________________________

Once we have the video card/graphics card driver matter ruled in or out, we can decide what next if indicated.

More questions will follow including

a. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 10?

b. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

c. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Video Freezes After One Frame
            Gameman625 Level 1

Yup, that's it, I have a Ge-force Video Card, and  rolled back, but I still have the Problem, I have the Latest Version of Quick Time. I'm on a Account with Administer, and not sure what the Fire Wall has to do with it, Whats still wrong?

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Video Freezes After One Frame
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gameman625

Important....Let us explore the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue a bit more....

What are your specific details for

NVIDIA GeForce card

Computer operating system.

How far did you roll the driver back, according to the available NVIDIA GeForce older driver version list?

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Typically you need to get to about May 2013 before you get to a driver version that gets Premiere Elements 10 working for you.

Does your operating system allow you to go that far back in the NVIDIA list of its older drivers?

More comments and troubleshooting strategy once we have the above information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Video Freezes After One Frame
                Gameman625 Level 1

My Graphics Card is a G-Force GT 620, My operating System is Windows 8.1. And the Latest Roll Back I've done is to Version 332.21. That is the January one. And thats WAY past May, so I have no idea why it still won't work.

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Video Freezes After One Frame
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Gameman625

You have not or cannot roll back the NVIDIA GeForce GT620 in your computer environment. That is why Premiere Elements 10 is still not working.

Details.....

Thanks for the reply. Please review what you have just posted.

If you have

Premiere Elements 10

Windows 8.1 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GT620

NVIDIA shows your driver version of 332.1 dated January 7, 2014.

Based on history on Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue, you should be looking for a driver version roll back date to around May 2013. I think you are thinking 2014 and overlooking my mention of 2013.

From the NVIDIA listings for your card, it looks like the earliest driver version available to you will be 327.73 dated September 19, 2013. Have you tried that one yet as a last resort since there is no earlier driver version choice. In this case, you might want to contact NVIDIA about your card and possible still earlier driver versions for it.

NVIDIAAGAIN.JPG

This is an unfortunate situation with no fixes coming from NVIDIA nor Adobe for the Premiere Elements 10 user.

So let us explore what we can do for ourselves with this NVIDIA GeForce driver version roll back that has worked

for those afflicted with the issue. You need to weigh the pros and cons of your decision on your other computer

activities.

Please review and consider.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Video Freezes After One Frame
                    Gameman625 Level 1

Wow, I am not the smartest person in the world. Putting it back to May 2013 Worked, ya look closer at dates. Thanks!

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Video Freezes After One Frame
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Gameman625

Many thanks for taking another look at this Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue and its solution.

We are very pleased that there was a roll back driver version that was old enough to get your Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 8.1 64 bit working.

You did a great job in follow up and getting the solution to work for you.

Your report will help others in the same situation that you encountered.

Best wishes

ATR