2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 10:01 PM by George in Seattle

Did the toolbar sort logic change?

George in Seattle Level 1

In V5.6 when you sort a gallery directory by rating it no longer keeps the secondary sort in arrival order.  It used to keep them in rating/ascending arrival order (either that or capture time), as it still does with other sorts. Now it keeps them in Rating/descending arrival order, which is counterintuitive. This is a problem.

• 1. Re: Did the toolbar sort logic change?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have not seen any change in the sort direction with new imports in LR 5.6.  I tried a new import just to make sure.  The only issue I always have is when I set my Import order to Capture Time, the default sort order is always Added Order, but Added Order does not equal Capture Time order, despite what the Import panel said, and I have to change the filmstrip sort order to Capture Time after every import, but the sort direction is always (A/Z).

What happens if you change your sort direction to (A/Z) instead of (Z/A) and do another import, does it always go back to (Z/A)?

• 2. Re: Did the toolbar sort logic change?
            George in Seattle Level 1

ssprengel wrote:

What happens if you change your sort direction to (A/Z) instead of (Z/A) and do another import, does it always go back to (Z/A)?

Fascinating..  Changing to A/Z puts the secondary sort in the proper capture/ascending order. But since I want the highest ratings at the top of the list, I use Z/A, which does not mean I want the secondary order reversed.  This is a new behavior. I hope it wasn't a fix to a non-problem!  The way it is now, and the way I sort photos, it would be easier to use it in A/Z order with the highest ratings at the bottom.

I realize this could be fixed in a collection but that's extra work and clutter.