8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2014 12:55 PM by Jeff Arola

PS CC 2014.1 annoying UI bug

rkny

2014.1 seems to have introduced a UI bug in the form of a permanent thick blue button mode outline in save dialogs. 

See this screenshot.

cc-glitch.jpg

Note the blue outline around "None".  This used to be much thinner, and should move to the various radio buttons upon hitting tab on the keyboard.  Hitting tab doesn't move it, nor does hitting tab select the next radio button.   It's stuck there.  This only seems to happen in Save dialogs.

Running Mac OSX Mavericks 10.9.4.  This issue only appeared after updating CC a couple of days ago.

• 1. Re: PS CC 2014.1 annoying UI bug
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

I noticed that as well with the update cc2014.1 on mavericks 10.9.4.

(the windows version doesn't seem to have that glitch)

It also happens in some other dialogs like assign profile

You might also post that bug over here:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

• 2. Re: PS CC 2014.1 annoying UI bug
            Noel Carboni Level 8

It's a bug, already known by Adobe, which apparently shows up on Mac systems only.

-Noel

• 3. Re: PS CC 2014.1 annoying UI bug
              Jeanne Rubbo Adobe Employee

This happens with the Full Keyboard Access in the Mac System Preferences is set to All Controls. To disable it, go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts. At the bottom of the dialog choose Text Boxes and Lists Only under Full Keyboard Access.

Photoshop doesn't take advantage of Full Keyboard Access so disabling this setting will not affect any tabbing behavior in Photoshop. If you don't want to disable this setting because you use it in other apps, you can toggle it at any time using Control+F7.

• 4. Re: PS CC 2014.1 annoying UI bug

How come previous versions of photoshop didn't show that bug?

• 5. Re: PS CC 2014.1 annoying UI bug
                  Noel Carboni Level 8

It's a new bug - sometimes that happens. 

Keep in mind the UI is being revamped all the time as Adobe continues to pursue the new worlds of high dpi, 4K, itty bitty computers, etc.

-Noel

• 6. Re: PS CC 2014.1 annoying UI bug
                    rkny Level 1

Photoshop has respected the Full Keyboard Access setting in Mac OS for as long as I can remember.  I rely quite heavily on tabbing thru settings and options all day, with the blue modal outline as my tour guide thru the various buttons.  And in fact, it still works fine in other places.  Only in the Save dialog have I noticed it's broken since the update.  Prior to that everything has worked perfectly with Full Keyboard Access, a setting which I have kept on since my first day with OSX ages ago. It is most certainly a bug.

• 7. Re: PS CC 2014.1 annoying UI bug
                      Jeanne Rubbo Adobe Employee

It's a bug that was introduced with some changes we made under the hood. We opted to spend our time fixing the functional bugs that were also introduced, and this one didn't make the cut for this release since it's cosmetic and able to be turned off with a setting. It's in our bug database, though, so at least it's on our radar.

As for full keyboard access, the info about it not being hooked up in Photoshop was passed along to me by a developer. Using the TIFF Options dialog as an example, I am not seeing any difference in tabbing behavior no matter which option I use for the Full Keyboard Access setting. There might be some other setting we have set differently. Do you have any other keyboard settings set to non-defaults?

• 8. Re: PS CC 2014.1 annoying UI bug

I was just wondering if adobe was looking into it and Jeanne Rubbo already answered that.

Thanks just the same.