5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2014 2:27 PM by krawfo

Printing 8x10 Prints on 8.5x11 Paper

krawfo

I'm using LR 5.6 on an iMac running Mavericks and a Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer.  Is there a way to print an 8x10 print on an 8.5x11 piece of paper and not have to trim all 4 sides?  In other words, is there a setting to have the image print say, in the upper left hand corner, and then only have to tim the right side and bottom?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Printing 8x10 Prints on 8.5x11 Paper
          DdeGannes Level 5

Borderless printing is controlled by the Printer Driver software. This is normally constrained to specific paper sizes eg 4"x6", 5"x7", 8"x10" etc however you will have to use exactly matching paper size. You may be able to get your print closer to one corner but there will always be a sliver to cut.

• 2. Re: Printing 8x10 Prints on 8.5x11 Paper
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In the print module, if you change the layout style to Picture Package or Custom Package, then you can drag/drop an image onto the paper and place it where you want. Then turn on the ruler and that will help you adjust the size of your image appropriately. Just make sure you have turned on borderless printing in the printer driver, as well as set the right paper size.

• 3. Re: Printing 8x10 Prints on 8.5x11 Paper
              Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Why not simply turn on borderless printing and in the normal print package set the left and top margin to zero? Set the cell size at 8x10 and set the right margin to 0.5 and the bottom to 1. Do realize that if you do borderless printing, the driver scales up your image by a small amount, making your image slightly larger than 8x10. So to get exact 8x10 borderless, you'll have to trim a similar amount that the printer trimmed at the left and top manually.

• 4. Re: Printing 8x10 Prints on 8.5x11 Paper
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I hadn't even tried those settings. But that works too. I have that same Canon Pixma Pro-100. And, generally speaking, I try to avoid printing borderless as much as possible because there is no way to clean the overspray pad in the printer. And even though the printer was very inexpensive to purchase, I want to make it last.

• 5. Re: Printing 8x10 Prints on 8.5x11 Paper
                  krawfo Level 1

Jim, please elaborate about problems with the overspray pad.  What happens?