3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2014 9:26 AM by A.T. Romano

Organizer folder cannot be deleted

philtheswiss

The organizer show a folder on an external drive which I do not use anymore. I now want to delete the folder in the organizer. I right click but "deleting folder" is grey and cannot be chosen. How to delete that folder?

• 1. Re: Organizer folder cannot be deleted
          A.T. Romano Level 7

philtheswiss

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Did the Elements Organizer involve come with the version of Premiere Elements that you are using?

Please try resetting the Elements Organizer settings file....psa.prf.

If you have Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit and Premiere Elements 12/12.1, the path to it is

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you disable by renaming from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD or delete it.

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...There are shortcuts for the resetting of this preference file, but I gave you the direct path to it.

• 2. Re: Organizer folder cannot be deleted
            philtheswiss Level 1

Thank you very much! I use the most current version and a Macbook Pro. I will try like you explained and let you know.

Thanks!
            Philip

• 3. Re: Organizer folder cannot be deleted
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Philip

Being strictly an Elements Windows user, I am not sure where the Elements Organizer 12/12.1's psa.prf file would be located on Mac.

However, if you cannot find that file in Mac, based on the Windows counterpart, please check out Elements Organizer 12/12.1 Edit Menu/Preferences/General and the "Reset Default Settings" at the bottom of that section of the Elements Organizer preferences.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR