3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2014 7:44 PM by A.T. Romano

Are export codecs available for PE12?

Gary199 Level 1

I would like to have more control over the export settings when burning to blu ray disk.  So, I was wondering if a plugin codec for H.264 or mpeg2 HQ IS available for PE12. 

• 1. Re: Are export codecs available for PE12?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary199

No.

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 installed on? Background information right now.

You have no control over burn to presets, except to select from Adobe default presets with the what is. The burn to sections do not have an Advanced Button for customization of burn to presets.

H.264 and MPEG2 video compression are available under the export to file saved to the computer hard drive, as you have probably already found out.

If a choice such as Publish+Share/Computer/AVI, some have opted to download and install a video codec such as Lagarith one which will then be available to Premiere Elements under Publish+Share/Computer/AVI Advanced settings.

Just in case note...make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer so that you will see the presets that came with the program for Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime.

ATR

• 2. Re: Are export codecs available for PE12?
            Gary199 Level 1

Windows 7 (64bit), i7 processor (3.6Ghz), 16 GB RAM.  I am importing XAVC S (1080/30p, not 4k) video into PE12.1 trial vs., and can edit and burn to Blu Ray, but would like control over export parameters.  I will look into the Lagarith codec and into outputting to a file.  I had previously posted about a 'Chapter Overflow Error' message with the trial version of PE12 on a Vista machine, and you suggested to try another machine.  Well this is the other machine and NO 'Chapter Overflow Error' while burning to Blu Ray disc.

• 3. Re: Are export codecs available for PE12?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary199

Thanks for the reply. Great, great news about getting rid of the Chapter Overflow Error going to another computer.

Windows Vista is not the greatest for Premiere Elements 12 since Premiere Elements 12 will be only a 32 bit application on that operating system whether 32 bit or 64 bit system. Resource implications there besides any Chapter Overflow Error connection.

The Lagarith video compression was just an example for an .avi export to file. Some have reported some success in .avi bringing in the DivX video codec. But, the XviD and DivX video codec are typically bad news for Premiere Elements

Depending on the player's specifications, you could look at export to file AVCHD.mp4, AVCHD.mov, and transfer the file to a USB Flash Drive or memory card for playback on a player that supports that.

Just in case notes......Premiere Elements does not support AVCHD.avi. Menus are not available for export to file save to computer hard drive choices. And, stop markers do not function at playback of Premiere Elements (any version) AVCHD format on DVD disc or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

Please let us know if any questions or need clarification.

Much appreciated the follow up.

ATR