1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 10, 2014 1:11 PM by johnhawk666

How do I purchase the student version of Adobe Lightroom?  I've heard you need an authorization to get it...and is elements better or Lightroom?

Kristyk01

How do I purchase the student version of Adobe Lightroom?  I've heard you need an authorization to get it...and is elements better or Lightroom?

• 1. Re: How do I purchase the student version of Adobe Lightroom?  I've heard you need an authorization to get it...and is elements better or Lightroom?
          johnhawk666 Level 3

Iit's not correct to call it authorisation, it's more that you need to meet the qualififying conditions that Adobe demands in order to buy it from them. You'll have to go to the Adobe Student Eligibility page on their website and determine for yourself if your course and college/university credentials entitle you to an educational discount. If they do, you must buy a copy from the Educational web page, not the ordinary Lr web page, and then send Adobe details of your course and supporting documentation. If they accept them, they will send you    the unlock code for Lr that will make your copy work.

As to which is better between Lr and Elements, that can only be decided by you - the best way is to download trial copies of both and try them. Of course, If you want to tell this forum what you want to with do with your photography, I'm sure that forum members might well make suggestions...