6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2014 2:34 PM by A.T. Romano

Still Images into video.

curtstowell

I want to turn images into a video.  I have Adobe Premiere Elements 10  and Photoshop Elements 10, can I do it with them?  Thank you.

• 1. Re: Still Images into video.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

curtstowell

What computer operating system is your Adobe Premiere Elements 10 and Photoshop Elements 10 running on?

Before all else, please assure that you are not impacted by the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue. See Announcement on that matter at top of this forum (all details and solution there).

When you are talking "still images into video" in Premiere Elements, are you talking about Time Lapse Video?

If so, please review the detailed how to account in the following 2 blog posts. Any questions on the how tos or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Time Lapse Video Basics

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Numbered Stills in Time Lapse and Other Animations

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Still Images into video.
            curtstowell Level 1

I'm running:

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2620M CPU 2.70 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

I'm not sure if I want it to be a Time Lapse Video or not, I don't understand the jargon. 

I want to turn my comic strip into an animated cartoon.  Does that make since to you?  Thank  you.

Curt

• 3. Re: Still Images into video.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Curt

Please re-read and consider the Time Lapse Basics blog post details in the context of you creating many many separate still images of your object moving say from left to right (A to B to C to D). Often "hundreds of pictures" are used depending on the scope of the project - your object moving in time.

Each of those still images (representing A, B, C, and D)  gets taken (in the A, B, C, D sequence) into a Premiere Elements where you decrease the duration of each still image (from 5 seconds to say 1 second) to get the object's motion effect of moving from A to D.

What format is your comic strip in now? Drawings on a piece of paper? If these are drawings on paper, then you will should take pictures of each of the drawings A, B, C, and D. It is those pictures (jpg, still images) that get taken in sequence into the video editor like Premiere Elements where you decrease the duration of each to achieve the animated effect.

Photoshop Elements Editor, check out the FIle Menu/Save for Web feature where you can create an animated gif. But, here again, if what you have now are drawings, then you will need to find a way to make photographs of them.

There are numerous ways described online for making your comic strip drawings into and animation (video).

Please review them with a Google search to get an overview of what is out there.

After that, we can go over step by step what next based on your starting material and Premiere Elements.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Still Images into video.
                curtstowell Level 1

Yes, I have Photoshop Elements 10 and I see Save for Web on it.

My comic strip are jpeg on m computer.  I had drawn them in Macromedia

Freehand.  If this will help you help me here is where my slide is online -

http://www.slideboom.com/presentations/698053/Jerry-and-God%3A-The-Mighty-Hunters%2C-Book- 1?pk=c0ec-6052-c01e-c608-d056-b3aa-f4f4-dd40

I really appreciate the time you are giving me.  And I will do some more

research and see what I can learn before I bring new questions to you.

Curt

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 10:06 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: Still Images into video.
                  curtstowell Level 1

I am going to read about the Time Lapse Basics and things, but I have the

"Classroom in a Book" for both Photoshop Premiere Elements 10 and Premiere

Elements 10, which one should I do first?  Thank you.

Curt

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 10:06 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 6. Re: Still Images into video.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Curt

Please read my blog post on Time Lapse Basics first.

Then try the systematic learning path in Classroom in a Book.

Once you have gotten an overall perspective, then that resource information and others will fall into place.

Please update us on your progress when your schedule permits. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need

clarification.

Thanks.

ATR