3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2014 11:41 AM by A.T. Romano RSS

Export as MPEG2 results in M2t file

akraemer030

Hi,

when I try to export my video as a MPEG2 (regardingless which resolution) I always get a M2T file.

When I started the export first I got a prompt that asked for administration rights. Because the regeidtor asked for this rights I was a little bit confused and denied the request.

What do I have to do to get a real MPEG2 export?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Export as MPEG2 results in M2t file
          John T Smith MVP

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

NOTE - McAfee kills the program http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1460089?tstart=0

You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements

•(Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors)

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac"

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: Export as MPEG2 results in M2t file
            akraemer030 Community Member

Hi,

I didn't found something related at the Tutorial page.

Running with administrator priviliges doesn't resolve the issue.

I'm using 12.1 (20140225)

Windows 7 64bit SP1

I didn't worked before.

I don't get an error message.

I don't see a red line.

• 3. Re: Export as MPEG2 results in M2t file
              A.T. Romano Community Member

akraemer030

Let us cut to the core of the matter.

What is your definition of a real "MPEG2 export"?

Under Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG, what you set for Presets determines what you get for video compression, file extension, and the rest of the

properties of the export file.

If you select

MPEG2 1440 x 1080i25

MPEG2 1440 x 1080i30

MPEG2 1920 x 1080i25

MPEG2 1920 x 1080i30

You get a video file which uses MPEG2 video compression with a .m2t file extension and a companion instructional file with the file extension .xmpses.

This File Type is described as MPEG2 Blu-ray.

You can customize the preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab.

The specific video codec that it uses is named MainConcept MPEG Video.

If you select

HDTV 1080i25 High Quality

HDTV 1080p24 High Quality

HDTV 1080p25 High Quality

HDTV 1080p30 High Quality

You get only a file which uses MPEG2 video compression with a .mpg file extension.

This File Type is described as MPEG2.

These choices do not include a companion instructional file.

If you select

NTSC DVD Standard

NTSC DVD Widescreen

PAL DVD Standard

PAL DVD Widescreen

You get only a file which uses MPEG2 video compression with a .mpg file extension.

This File Type is described as MPEG2 DVD.

These choices do not include a companion instructional file.

There are a few other presets under Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG that I have not defined as above. I will leave that for you to check out in the

scheme that I have provided.

All of the above being written, I believe the matter resolves to the question that I asked at the beginning

What is your definition of a real "MPEG2 export"?

If you need any help in selecting project settings for your Premiere Elements project, please supply details of

a. project preset

b. properties of source media

c. intended export description and intended type of use

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...All this applies if

a. You are running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges

and

b. Have latest version of QuickTime installed on computer with Premiere Elements.